ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I firmly submit that I have no idea. By that guy with the patents appears to be thinking in different dimensions

• Haha
Reactions: Al M.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Personally, I think he is onto something. Thinking outside the box is how breakthroughs occur. Being able to manipulate gravity and space time is the only way interstellar travel is possible.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Ron, from a high level, I do not believe these patents have scientific merit at this moment, or that the US government has developed the requisite scientific basis for the claims. It would appear to me these are somewhat catch-all patent applications for future use and research in those areas, based on some evolving theories, so mark that Option 4, and this why I said that researcher is thinking in different dimensions.

In terms of alien technologies and having reverse-engineered them, I also find that very hard to believe. If there were to be such technology, how would we have obtained it? If it were to have come as a result of an alien craft accident, it may be tough to reverse-engineer a dead highly-advanced "corpse."

Having said that, there is no way any layman would be able to comfortably pick any of your options, or similar ones. I do believe there is a lot more to be discovered in terms of particle physics and their properties, which will eventually lead to tearing down that speed-of-light limit.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Even if we had a crashed extraterrestrial vehicle, how would we even be able to back engineer it? It would be like dropping an iPhone to scientists in the mid 1800’s and expecting them to be able to figure it out.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
There is a lot of surprising discovery going on lately. Just the other day, I am pretty sure I saw an article where they were able to split the magnetic poles for a picosend with light (let me see if I can find it...). And just a couple of days ago, we discovered that electrons are accelerated to near the speed of light around earth https://phys.org/news/2021-02-electrons-earth.html And just today, there is now this "graphene magnetism" https://www.sciencealert.com/physic...ew-form-of-magnetism-within-magnetic-graphene

Researchers have identified a new form of magnetism in so-called magnetic graphene, which could point the way toward understanding superconductivity in this unusual type of material.

The researchers, led by the University of Cambridge, were able to control the conductivity and magnetism of iron thiophosphate (FePS3), a two-dimensional material which undergoes a transition from an insulator to a metal when compressed. This class of magnetic materials offers new routes to understanding the physics of new magnetic states and superconductivity.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I know that it has, but until we understand gravity completely like gravity waves or particles etc. how it actually works rather than being able to observe and predict its effects, we will not be able to manipulate it. Maybe if we got our hands on a ship in the 50’s we might have a chance in another 20 odd years. If you find Bob Lazar‘s story plausible and we had several, he noted in ‘89 or so that we had no idea how they worked. Hey, I hope we figure it out. I want to ride in one, sure saves on travel time for dinner in Rome!

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Beautiful! Metallic glasses, spintronic devices to minimize heat dissipation in switching devices and thus potentially tear down Moore's law... and meta materials. This is just great, thanks Ron!

1613399616332.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing