Three no trumps when vulnerable

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Sir,
This is a phenomenal system in a beautiful room. I too have attempted to create a listening space that looks more like a living room and less like a music studio. Can you show us any pictures of your record collection, I've heard its stunning.

Jeffrey

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sir,
This is a phenomenal system in a beautiful room. I too have attempted to create a listening space that looks more like a living room and less like a music studio. Can you show us any pictures of your record collection, I've heard its stunning.

Jeffrey

your room too is beautiful Jeff

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Are those "saxophones" custom or part of a production run?

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Gregadd, Sir,

The cream-ish saxophones are made by Arcadian in Greece. As to whether they are currently produced I cannot say.

Charney in the U.S. make something as an alternate to the things in my room. I believe that someone on that side of the pond owns the Charney speakers with a pair of BD 7 in them.

Kindest regards, G.

Reactions: jeff1225 and ab72

RalfAM

Industry Expert
Oct 14, 2022
Have at it; "The essential concept behind the new cartridge is to operate an electrodynamic cartridge as a displacement-sensitive current-generator rather than as velocity-sensitive voltagegenerator; the latter being the normal approach".

DisC article_for Transform Media.pdf (phaedrus-audio.com)

Kindest regards,G.
I find this approach to a cartridge very interesting. I know strain gauges very well from my work with milling machines. I have often wondered whether this principle would be suitable for cartridges. I am pleased that this idea has already been realised. Maybe I can listen to one soon?

Reactions: zerostargeneral

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Dear RalfAM,

Please allow me to employ my powers of deduction(none) and say that we have spoken?

Your work and pedigree, both of you in AM is an exemplar to me.

DT eat you heart out, figuratively speaking of course. When I combine the TM1 with the cartridge I think I will have topped
My zenith.

In lieu I will send the glass tube iteration to Agrail and the Supertube to yourselves.

Kindest regards,G.

Reactions: jeff1225

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing