Tiger Woods wins his 5th Green Jacket

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Trying to convince you thatTiger Woods id the the greatest glfer of all times already is a daunting task. Is Michael Jackson the king of Rck and Roll? Is Lebron James the greatest basketball player of all time? Is Tom Brady the greatest quarterback of all time?
I rember Jack predicted Tiger Woods would win 10 green jackets! Only five to go. If the playing field remained level he would done iyy all ready. Have you ever heard the term Jack-proofing a golf course.
As far as has personal life it was entirely predictable. In the past such things were hush-hush. No such luck now days. I don't know if he is a better golfer, but he is a much better person. Look at Magic Johnson for example. Or Elvis.
I suspect this win means more to him then all the others combined. it does however pose a real question for me. Does this mean I have to start watching golf again?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
MIkaela Shiffrin is in contention to be the one of the greatest if not the greatest athletes of all time. She certainly dominates her sport right now more than anyone in any one sport. Some argue for Serena Williams in terms of pure dominance. We live in an incredible time right now where so many records are being broken by individual athletes. We hear "Greatest of all Time" in quite a few sports right now.
Who?
God Rest his soul. Ali is the greatest of all time.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Tennis is the only sport where there is zero coaching allowed during the match in the majors. There is no greater mental test then tennis.
You are correct but, there is the caddy. Coaching is far more important in practice, preparation and team sports.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
You are correct but, there is the caddy. Coaching is far more important in practice, preparation and team sports.

There is a reason that only a few players in tennis win the Open tournaments (Nadal, Federer, Djokivic), these are the only tournaments that you can't get coached in. In the Opens, you have to have the mental toughness to analyze the game situation by yourself, this is unprecedented in any other sport.

In golf, you have professional coaches (caddies) analyzing the course, the opponents and the playing conditions. Thus a more diverse group of players win the majors in golf.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
They're going to talk about Tiger Woods' Masters win (this one) as one of the greatest comebacks in golf history, and for the next few hundred years, long after we're all gone in ashes to the four corners of the globe.

This is epic, this is unforgettable, this is perfect timing. All emotions fall by the seaside and only the human spirit of sport competition @ its excellence best remains.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing