Tone arms that doesn´t need a mounting hole

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
you´re closer to Cuba than me :cool:
when I was in Moscow, before the wall was torn down, I bought Montecristo´s there and they were unobtainum for the Russians, but dead cheap for me

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
If you are just going to double side tape it on the Reed tonearms will work. Reed make a stainless steel isolator that could be epoxied to your plinth. Then you can bolt the tonearm to that. Only issue would be the extra height.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
hi
I liked it a lot with Rowland Complement on the Garrard, but have not yet re-mounted it after I changed from Garrard to Melco
Am about to order a 50kg 4 arm tower ss plinth for the Melco
then the 505 will occupy one of the towers
an IKEDA IT407 on incoming tonight and a The Peak or The Groovemaster will take the 2 next and the last mount is reserved for my Airtangent Reference which I hope I´ll get back from repair/rebuild soon

Last edited:
Reactions: djsina2 and bonzo75

RalfAM

Industry Expert
Oct 14, 2022
hello
have space for a third arm on my slate 301 plinth, but there are only two armboards and I´m reluctant to drill a hole in the plinth itself
what other arms than Viv Laboratory and Dynavector can be placed directly on the plinth, without having to drill a hole in it?
up to 10" I guess
one of the intended carts will be Rowland Complement
btw there´s no shelf place outside the plinth for a separate pod either....
We also build custom tonearms according to customer requirements. If you tell us your wishes, we will be happy to make you an offer.

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
We also build custom tonearms according to customer requirements. If you tell us your wishes, we will be happy to make you an offer.
Your tonearms look quite interesting, Ralf. Looks like there's only a west coast distributor in the US...do you know of any customers on the east coast (New York or Boston)? I'd love to figure out how to hear one!

RalfAM

Industry Expert
Oct 14, 2022
Your tonearms look quite interesting, Ralf. Looks like there's only a west coast distributor in the US...do you know of any customers on the east coast (New York or Boston)? I'd love to figure out how to hear one!
Right now Gary has an BM1 and a Lignum L for demonstration. We are now building two BM1s. One of them is going to the East Coast. Please contact Gary (gleeds in the forum) for more details.
Feel free to contact me for technical questions.

Reactions: Robert Young

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing