Top Gun: Maverick (2020) / Official Trailer

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And 100% of WBF regular contributors arent? LOL

Maybe he's richer than us, because he hasn't got into high end hifi.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I can ask him to join us? You'd be surprised how important sound, music, audio is to him.

He's rich because he's a good actor involved in high caliber Hollywood flicks.
He's also a film producer, an investor, a stuntman, and much more.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tom Cruise on this forum? Fantastic. The first thing I'd tell him is that his last MI film should have won Best Film Oscar. Certainly should have been nominated over the excrable The Favourite.

Reactions: NorthStar

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Totally Bob.

Now if the Oscars Committee had minted a new Woke/#MeToo Best Picture, I'd happily have seen The Favourite take that one.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
:) The Favourite garnered more awards in the UK than in the USA.
I enjoyed it, very. Was Tom Cruise in it, I can't seem to remember seeing him driving his horse around?

It was a fun flick.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I can ask him to join us? You'd be surprised how important sound, music, audio is to him.

He's rich because he's a good actor involved in high caliber Hollywood flicks.
He's also a film producer, an investor, a stuntman, and much more.

You have my vote....if he's opinionated, picky, controversial, etc....but yet loves audio and music, he'll fit right in here!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You have my vote....if he's opinionated, picky, controversial, etc....but yet loves audio and music, he'll fit right in here!

Even if he is picky, opinionated, and controversial only, he will fit in here lol

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can you imagine his response to the thread "Who is the best old guy action man", w idiots here voting Liam Neeson and Sylvester Stallone over him. Expect the wrath of L. Ron Hubbard.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'd be surprised if he'd post with anyone knowing who he is...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, Mike Lavigne is Top Dog around here. Top Gun v Top Dog, anyone?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Can you imagine his response to the thread "Who is the best old guy action man", w idiots here voting Liam Neeson and Sylvester Stallone over him. Expect the wrath of L. Ron Hubbard.

Liam Neeson was the best till Taken 1. He went downhill after that. Batman begins was the best Batman because of Ras Al Ghul (coincidentally, Vat va Ghul in my mother tongue means bat... Same last name)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
There is a funny anecdote here. When top gun hit the the cinema I was still a kid, and not allowed to go to the big city cinemas on my own. For some reason my mom missed taking me out to this one, and all my other friends had seen it. That angered me, and to rebel and teach my mom a lesson I sneaked out to the city to watch a movie on my own. That taught me how to do it, and I soon became a "go out on my own to watch a movie" addict. Therefore, if not for top gun, I might never have got into movies. It was the first movie with massive Dolby type effects in Mumbai

When I eventually did get round to seeing it, I did not like it that much, thought Tom cruise was a joke, and liked Val Kilmer.

Also, in a couple or so years after that, I was pretty tall at 13 and 14, so put on a loose t-shirt, my grandma's cataract sunglasses, and went for an over 18 movie. They let me in but threw my friend out. He was a few months older.
I remember desperately wanting to get into adult places from early when I was a kid... I’ve always loved taboo. My mates and I played hooky from school when we were 14 and went to the local sideshow fair to see the apparently lengendary Vanessa the undresser... I was also the tallest in our group. I should have got suspicious when we all got in easy. I’m still scarred by the sight of a middle aged redhead woman of less than shapely outline in a skin coloured body suit... not so much disappointment as disgust coz the body suit looked like it really needed a good wash.

Getting into nightclubs at 16 wasn’t even so hard either when you are fairly tall and looked older than your years but the local police licensing Sargent also knew my dad real well because we owned one of the local hotels so imagine my surprise when my dad came to pick me and my sister up one night from the club after being tipped off by the police lol. Was a long quiet car ride home that night.

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ked and Graham, as Elaine said in Seinfeld, "you guys keep opening up like a flower".

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing