Transparent PowerLink Powercords...

thesaint519

May 28, 2012
Fellow audio enthusiasts,

I'm soliciting your help in acquiring info regarding Transparent PowerLink Powercords. I currently have Analysis Plus Power Oval 2s for each of my Lamm M1.2 Monos. Are there any among us in this infinite pool of audio wisdom who has had experience with Transparent Powercords with the M1.2s? I currently run Transparent Reference cabling for ICs & speaker cable. Thanks in advance.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Fellow audio enthusiasts,

I'm soliciting your help in acquiring info regarding Transparent PowerLink Powercords. I currently have Analysis Plus Power Oval 2s for each of my Lamm M1.2 Monos. Are there any among us in this infinite pool of audio wisdom who has had experience with Transparent Powercords with the M1.2s? I currently run Transparent Reference cabling for ICs & speaker cable. Thanks in advance.

Any particular reason you want to try the Transparent PCs? I'm a big time TA signal cable guy (we probably own the same cables), but for powercords in my experience the gold standard and price/performance leader is Shunyata. I could be wrong but I don't think TA has done any R&D that has gone into their PCs for a long period of time, while Shunyata released the Zitron technology quite recently. I would at least give them a try if you're planning to upgrade PCs.

thesaint519

May 28, 2012
Any particular reason you want to try the Transparent PCs? I'm a big time TA signal cable guy (we probably own the same cables), but for powercords in my experience the gold standard and price/performance leader is Shunyata. I could be wrong but I don't think TA has done any R&D that has gone into their PCs for a long period of time, while Shunyata released the Zitron technology quite recently. I would at least give them a try if you're planning to upgrade PCs.

I'll absolutely add them to the short list.

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

Give Transparent a call. The reason that the Powerlink MM2x were released so soon after the MM2 version was they did find a way to improve the design. I upgraded mine after a brief audition in my system. I didn't think they would be as big of surprise and I wish they weren't.

One could go crazy swapping cables and power cords. Once you find an brand that gets you closer to what you are looking for I find it easier to stick with it.

thesaint519

May 28, 2012
Give Transparent a call. The reason that the Powerlink MM2x were released so soon after the MM2 version was they did find a way to improve the design. I upgraded mine after a brief audition in my system. I didn't think they would be as big of surprise and I wish they weren't.

One could go crazy swapping cables and power cords. Once you find an brand that gets you closer to what you are looking for I find it easier to stick with it.

If I can stick with Transparent for all my cabling needs, that would be my preference.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
If I can stick with Transparent for all my cabling needs, that would be my preference.

I just installed an entire suite of Transparent cables and power products into my system. I found that the Transparent PowerIsolator Reference in combination with the PowerLink PCs really lowered the noise floor without subtracting anything from the sound. I compared the PowerIsolator directly to my Equi=Tech Q650 conditioner and preferred the PowerIsolator.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
My approach it to identify two or three "category leaders" for each product category and if practical compare products in this category in my system. My main criteria for inclusion as a category leader is commerical success and user evaluations (more so than professional reviews). There is just not enough buzz around TA power products for me to put them on the shortlist (signal cables different story of course). Of course, they could be an underappreciated real contender, and I could be missing out. I tried Shunyata, Synergistic and PS Audio cables, and found the Shunyata's to be easily the best. For conditioning I tried PS audio Powerpland and later P5 and the Furman reference 20i. PS audio won hands down. So in fairness, I am totally unqualifies to comment on Transparent Power Products, and all I can contribute is recommending you at least compare with Shunyata before committing.

thesaint519

May 28, 2012

After 20 years of auditioning a lifetime's worth of equipment and cables, I still enjoy that process. However, as far as cables go, inclined to agree with your approach. The field is too broad, too wide and entirely too confusing at times. I recently discovered TA, and I'm staying. I just wanted to hear about the experiences of those who use TA power cords, and how they've impacted the sound/performance of the gear they're attached to.

thesaint519

May 28, 2012
I've made the decision to stay with TA, and purchased my first TA Power Cord. Has anyone used the TA Power Isolators? I'm currently using a Richard Gray Power Company 1200C.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've made the decision to stay with TA, and purchased my first TA Power Cord. Has anyone used the TA Power Isolators? I'm currently using a Richard Gray Power Company 1200C.

Let us know when you get your TA power cord...I used to have a Trans Ref XL cord years ago (was 2 or 3 meters...3 networks...it was a GOOD cable) not sure why I sold it...chasing after that rainbow i am sure

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Congrats!
Not a fan of TA cables in general, but their MM2 Powercords are one of the best I've used!

alexandre

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Their top cable the powerlink MM2 is pretty good but I'm not at all impressed by the cheaper models and I feel like power cords has been Transparents least good product segment for quite some time now.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Their top cable the powerlink MM2 is pretty good but I'm not at all impressed by the cheaper models and I feel like power cords has been Transparents least good product segment for quite some time now.

Just to be clear. Their current top of the line power cable is Powerlink MM2x and has been out for a couple of years now. Powerlink MM2 was short lived.

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Actually I think the model is still called Powerlink MM2 but it's now out in the MM2x version. At least that's what their website and the network boxes say but this is really an unimportant detail :p

Last edited:

soa

Sep 12, 2014
Norway
Actually I think the model is still called Powerlink MM2 but it's now out in the MM2x version. At least that's what their website and the network boxes say but this is really an unimportant detail :p

That's correct. It's still called PLMM2.

Sven

thesaint519

May 28, 2012
Let us know when you get your TA power cord...I used to have a Trans Ref XL cord years ago (was 2 or 3 meters...3 networks...it was a GOOD cable) not sure why I sold it...chasing after that rainbow i am sure

I now have a suite of TA PowerLink Premium power cords. I like them a lot. I did replace the RGPC 1200C with a TA PowerIsolator 8. I LOVE the transformation. Just ordered another TA PowerLink Premium power cord to use with the PI8. I may spring for the reference level power cord a little later. Oh, I also added a TA PowerIsolator MM to each of my Lamm M1.2 mono amps. They've really helped the Lamms convey a natural portrayal of the musical information.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I now have a suite of TA PowerLink Premium power cords. I like them a lot. I did replace the RGPC 1200C with a TA PowerIsolator 8. I LOVE the transformation. Just ordered another TA PowerLink Premium power cord to use with the PI8. I may spring for the reference level power cord a little later. Oh, I also added a TA PowerIsolator MM to each of my Lamm M1.2 mono amps. They've really helped the Lamms convey a natural portrayal of the musical information.

Wow! Lots of changes! Congrats!! FWIW, I have found my TA Powerisolator works well with isolation and damping. I use Ultra 5s + HRS Nimbus couplers underneath...and 2 HRS dampers on top.

Most intrigued by your additions to your big amps...would love to hear more about your observations on the improvement on that one. Enjoy!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing