Tung-Sol KT170

Sallingboe Audio

Mar 19, 2020
Denmark
sallingboeaudio.com
We are distributor for Allnic in Denmark and Norway. It is correct that Allnic uses the new TungSol KT170 in their new T-2000 30th anniversary integrated amp with extremely good results.
I had read somewhere someone said that you could just replace the KT150 with the new KT170 for instance if you owned the former T-2000 amp. Therefore I asked Allnic and their response is that the transformers in the previous T-2000 are designed for KT150. Therefore it is possible to replace but sound may not be optimal. So you should check with your dealer or the manufacturer before you do this.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
We are distributor for Allnic in Denmark and Norway. It is correct that Allnic uses the new TungSol KT170 in their new T-2000 30th anniversary integrated amp with extremely good results.
I had read somewhere someone said that you could just replace the KT150 with the new KT170 for instance if you owned the former T-2000 amp. Therefore I asked Allnic and their response is that the transformers in the previous T-2000 are designed for KT150. Therefore it is possible to replace but sound may not be optimal. So you should check with your dealer or the manufacturer before you do this.
I have been running KT 170 in the T2000 25th anniversary for nearly a year now without any problems, The KT 170 are a huge improvement over the KT 150 as used previously, like a complete different amplifier !

Reactions: Sallingboe Audio

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
I have been running KT 170 in the T2000 25th anniversary for nearly a year now without any problems, The KT 170 are a huge improvement over the KT 150 as used previously, like a complete different amplifier !
Can you describe what improvements you noticed when you switched to the
KT 170’s ( vis a vis the KT 150’s).
Thanks.....

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Thanks.....
Thanks.....
It doesn't take too long before you realise these play at a higher level, the lower noise floor, LOWER COLOURATION, and additional headroom is very apparent, much more grace-full, taking everything in their stride, able to reach much deeper into the soundscape rendering instruments/ nuances not heard before! so easily heard on piano and wind instruments, Faster with increased focus and believability. On certain crescendos you are able to define the kettle drums with such vividness like never before, tonal density and textures/timbre very much improved. To compare against the KT 150 is pointless, I have just finished a session listening to Tulls Aqualung and had to grab my wooly jumper half way through! Only 26 hrs in, Iam sure the highs have become more nuanced/articulate.
Of course this is in my particular system but totally wrapped and easily the most apparent of tube rolling I have ever done be it pre or power. I think the Tung sol boys will be rolling up their sleeves and working overtime with these ones

TAKEN FROM A PREVIOUS POST UNDER VACUUM TUBES , TUNG SOL KT170 HAVE LANDED

Thomas 911

Dec 2, 2021
Germany
It doesn't take too long before you realise these play at a higher level, the lower noise floor, LOWER COLOURATION, and additional headroom is very apparent, much more grace-full, taking everything in their stride, able to reach much deeper into the soundscape rendering instruments/ nuances not heard before! so easily heard on piano and wind instruments, Faster with increased focus and believability. On certain crescendos you are able to define the kettle drums with such vividness like never before, tonal density and textures/timbre very much improved. To compare against the KT 150 is pointless, I have just finished a session listening to Tulls Aqualung and had to grab my wooly jumper half way through! Only 26 hrs in, Iam sure the highs have become more nuanced/articulate.
Of course this is in my particular system but totally wrapped and easily the most apparent of tube rolling I have ever done be it pre or power. I think the Tung sol boys will be rolling up their sleeves and working overtime with these ones

TAKEN FROM A PREVIOUS POST UNDER VACUUM TUBES , TUNG SOL KT170 HAVE LANDED
I just exchange my ikt 120 against it 150 in my octave jubilee mono amplifiers, burning in ,take some time , after reading your description won believe , I realize exactly same , with 2 experienced lister he had a session, and all confirmed I could not express better,..just 40 h passed so still potential for further development according my experience ...in an early test in a German HiFi magazine it was mentioned after client pay HUGH amount of money , install and listen for a first impression , he will be not amused at all !, the editor wanted to return equipment, but then decided to keep it ...and what happened at the end,..the amplifiers gave the answer by themself .?..after very long time , you got access to heaven gate....so looking forward ...just Want to let you know.
Best regards
Thomas

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
I just exchange my ikt 120 against it 150 in my octave jubilee mono amplifiers, burning in ,take some time , after reading your description won believe , I realize exactly same , with 2 experienced lister he had a session, and all confirmed I could not express better,..just 40 h passed so still potential for further development according my experience ...in an early test in a German HiFi magazine it was mentioned after client pay HUGH amount of money , install and listen for a first impression , he will be not amused at all !, the editor wanted to return equipment, but then decided to keep it ...and what happened at the end,..the amplifiers gave the answer by themself .?..after very long time , you got access to heaven gate....so looking forward ...just Want to let you know.
Best regards
Thomas
Do you mean that you exchanged to KT 170 not KT 150 as you wrote above ?

Republicoftexas69

Love the 170's in my X200.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing