UltraAnalogue Recordings & star violinist Alena Baeva

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Here is another video from that concert...
Schubert Grand Fantasy in C Major, D.934
It’s one of the most beautiful pieces of chamber music but is also the most difficult piece for both the pianist & violinist... (I’ve been told this by 2 pianists & 3 violinists.....)
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Here's the final piece of that concert... Schubert Rondo brillant in B minor..

The opening 3 minutes are “to die for”…… & the intensity does not let up. One of the most beautiful 15 minutes in all of music….. The only piece of violin, piano music to reach print in Schubert’s lifetime. This & the Grand Fantasy both commissioned by a 20 year old Czech violinist…. Alena & Vadym takes you on this wonderful journey!

Enjoy! tape coming soon!
Ed

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
.Ed

you have been silent for quite a while so to announce some upcoming great new tapes by some brilliant new artists has awakened us tape heads with the promise of new things to come from your brilliant recordings

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Steve,

These videos have the hi-res digital sound, which is pretty nice... but the analogue tapes take it to another level... lots of low level detail to really draw you into the music.... ha!
Ed

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
They're actually all ready to go now..... I'm just waiting for an order of flanges & blank pancakes before I release them on the website... I don't want people to order & I can't ship.... I'm on holidays for a bit so hopefully sometime in May they'll be ready to go!

Reactions: Steve Williams

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I dont know why Mr. Pong's tapes seem less popular on the other forum. On the other forum I saw only one of his tape,The Beethoven Violin Sonatas 3, on a highly recommend list and none on the Creme of the creme list. Personally I find Mr. Pong's tape better than The Tape Project. Yet I see many Tape Project's tapes in the highly recommended list with Bill Evans Waltz for Debby even on the Creme of Corn list. I have the Waltz for Debby. It is a good tape but not a wow to me. Mr. Pong's Sarasate is a wow to me. Yesterday I just bought Schubert Rondo Brilliant, Ravel Tzigane and Beethoven Kreutzer. When they arrive I hope I will be doing a trifecta Wow, Wow, Wow.

Kind regards,
Tang

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
the TP selection is wider
Eds tapes are fab, but obviously has a narrower potential buyer group
think it is a simple as that
best
Leif

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing