V.Y.G.E.R indian signature & VYDA cables.

Also you can keep your Kuzma and go with the Dava. Much cheaper. But don’t think it works that well with CH

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy
Hi VYGER Indian Signature MKIV Owners,

Can someone tell me the following;

1) Required footprint area for this TT, it's actual height (floor to top of the platter) and it's total weight (just the TT & Tonearm i.e. not including the separate standard (not Titan) Compressor Unit) ?

2) Any negatives for this TT (total set-up i.e. including the Tonearm, standard (not Titan) Compressor Unit that comes with the TT) ?

3) Anybody also owned the Kuzma XL DC with Kuzma 4Point 11" either before or after the owned the VYGER Indian Signature MKIV as a comparison between the two regarding ownership, use, maintaining etc. ?

Hi,
i can try to help...
1 - the require space for the actual footprint including its own arm angles etc is about 70x70cm to be clear of interruptions (i gave it a little bit more)
the height is about 83cm from floor to platter and around 6-7 cm more to the top VTA adjustment knob..
the total weight is a bit tricky because the legs are "empty" and you can choose what to fill them with, for greater stability. Pino from VYGER can suggest to get some quartz send in a plastic bags and fill the gaps to get some more weight, i did something a "bit" heavier...
but lets say its around 100(++)kg excluding the TiTAN of course.

2 - Negatives... mmm, after a lot(!) of turntables, arms, cartridges, phono stages and all that analog holy in my 40years of playing vinyl, this is the BEST TT i ever owned. (i have the top of the line Titan also and a second arm mount) and i had a lot of top game "end of the road" Turntables.
i think from some experience and conversations with Pino- a lot of owners got stumbled with it because of lack of basic (and not so basic) knowledge of accurate and good set up and that what you will need to get if owning one. but i can assure you, when this thing is proper set up (not such a problem really) and taking care of (free of dust and Humidity) with a stable floor and delicate hands, it will not break a sweat and will preform 100% perfect every time! you will not believe how vinyl can sound through it.
like ALL linear arms table systems, it need some attention to set up perfectly or it will not perform! not like a pivot arms that will 99.999 of the times play the vinyl. but not always the music..

3 - unfortunately i didn't had the XL at my possession personally but the 4P 11" I had for 2-3 years operating on several turntables and against a lot of tone arms...(i don't have it anynore, basically because i found better arms and for some specific problem i had with some specific cartridge that "Kuzma" couldn't help me with or didn't had the time... WE. i still think its one hell of a good arm!) be that as it may, i know the XL very well from a good friend of mine who has also AF3P to its side, listening to 4 arms between them including the kuzma new air linear arm...

to make this story very short, i prefer mine (a lot) better :) (being on the TechDas train too myself for a while BTW)

hope that helps a bit.
A.
Thank you 'byrdparis', for a very informative reply. Very much appreciated.

Reactions: byrdparis
The Kuzma is nowhere compared to vyger. However, if you go vyger the Atlantis is as good as the Indian signature, and requires less footprint and sits on a table. Who knows, it might even be more musical, as a couple of people i know think. Indian looks way cooler though. Also, your records and set up have to reflect the potential of vyger

Ps: i do think stabi M is good from a footprint, cat proof, high value in the used market and reliability perspective
Thank you 'bonzo75' for your reply. Much appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing