Vibration Management

One last video showing music not affecting the amps. One thing to note, the floor space between the speakers is pretty quiet so I had to crank up the sensitivity of the accelerometer.

2nd video has more bass.

Last edited:
One last video showing music not affecting the amps. One thing to note, the floor space between the speakers is pretty quiet so I had to crank up the sensitivity of the accelerometer.

2nd video has more bass.

Guten Tag Herr Kommissar,

I see you have 100 Hz sample rate, which has Nyquist at 50 Hz.
And a few posts up you mention spring rates and the natural, or resonant, frequency.
It may be interesting to use higher sampling rates, and a stiffer spring should transfer more of the high frequency vibration up into the amps.
I suspect it is not much, and the amps are heavy, so it it mostly academic… but it would be somewhat of a reason to go with a softer spring.
Probably resonant frequency under the audible range, (<15 Hz) would be fine, and I doubt that the microphonics are really a problem when the frequency is low, but… that is a guess.

Reactions: TonyW
Reactions: Opabin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu