Videos: Chaconne Challenge

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Please feel free to add system videos, not youtube videos of performers playing, to this thread playing Chaconne.

Heifetz on Bauer

Last edited:
Kujiken on Holbo (3k used including arm), at Sallingboe audio in Denmark, TAD replica, Danish 300b amps (30w), Bespoke pre and Allnic phono

Last edited:
Kujiken on AS 2000, Lamm Vitavox

Last edited:
Reactions: Three quid
Kujiken on Garrard 301, Altec 817, Misho electronics (whole chain costs 18k)

Last edited:
Haitto on AF3p Dava, Cessaro Zeta, Trafomatic Elysium, Alieno pre, Thax 2 phono

Last edited:
Haitto AS 2000, 3012r,, Cessaro Gamma 2, Lamm electronics.

Haitto AS 2000, 3012r,, Cessaro Gamma 2, Lamm electronics.

i personally attribute the difference more to Ikeda Dava. Listen to the pitch in tang’s and the end where it rises and listen to the composure on the below

i personally attribute the difference more to Ikeda Dava. Listen to the pitch in tang’s and the end where it rises and listen to the composure on the below

What amps are in this video? Still Elysium, or something else?

Is there a hum in the background?

Yes happened when we were swapping at the end. With Dava you have to manage the wires and power supply well placed to get rid of the hum

I think I preferred the one with Elysium then

This system was by far his best, in person. I think that’s reflected in the videos. Did you hear all the other videos on the other thread?

Are you referring to the jazz mono recordings posted with Elysium couple of years ago?

This system was by far his best, in person. I think that’s reflected in the videos. Did you hear all the other videos on the other thread?

Are you referring to the jazz mono recordings posted with Elysium couple of years ago?
I did. No i was referring to the violin videos

I did. No i was referring to the violin videos

OK I am putting up more violin. Last time I had out to Beethoven violin concerto, cadenza and Mendelssohn. I will put up the first two from this visit

Please feel free to add system videos, not youtube videos of performers playing, to this thread playing Chaconne.

Heifetz on Bauer
There is too much rumble but tone of violin is good.

Kujiken on Holbo (3k used including arm), at Sallingboe audio in Denmark, TAD replica, Danish 300b amps (30w), Bespoke pre and Allnic phono

It’s ok but not emotionally engaging like others.

Kujiken on AS 2000, Lamm Vitavox
This sounds just a little bit soft.

Kujiken on Garrard 301, Altec 817, Misho electronics (whole chain costs 18k)

This one is better than the ones above.

I liked this one but other Cessaro also sounds good IMHO.

I agree the Altec one sounds the best. The Kujiken harmonia mundi in general has better tonal balance and nice performance, Haitto is more intense and superlative but a bit thin on tone in comparison which you might hear on video, only the two Cessaro are playing the Haitto above.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtemur

Did you hear the whole clips?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu