Warner Classics

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Is there any consensus on the sonic quality of the EMI reissues by Warner Classics? I noticed that they have released some juicy titles like these two.
9841FC59-8F20-40B5-95EB-E6824CFF5DA7.jpeg E6C6E1A2-AAB9-41CE-B7B2-7E2904668029.jpeg

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
I own every press of this Mahler.

Warner own the tapes but may have employed DT for the recent re issue.

The original is my preference whereas the re issue is great value considering the price differential.

Kind regards,G.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
How about the Warner classic reissue of Beethoven: The 9 Symphonies by Furtwangler?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
How about the Warner classic reissue of Beethoven: The 9 Symphonies by Furtwangler?

Personally, I think if you picked and chose for your favorite B symphonies individually it will be better. If you want to hear entire cycles of 1 - 9 done by particular conductors, and if the quality per pressing is not as good in a box set, why don't you first try the digital?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I have Beethoven symphonies on digital and on lp's. I am wondering if this particular reissue is worth going after.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing