What an ass!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
* By the way, I did not check the price of that one posted by Tang; it's a nice looking car for sure and with the Porsche sportscar seal that comes with it. Is it less than say $250,000?

MSRP on a 2020 CS4 is around $120k for the base trim. most of them will list for $130k-$150k.

sometimes we lose sight of the fact that $100k is lots of money for a car.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
MSRP on a 2020 CS4 is around $120k for the base trim. most of them will list for $130k-$150k.

sometimes we lose sight of the fact that $100k is lots of money for a car.:rolleyes:

$100K for a car, for a pair of loudspeakers, a pair of mono blocks, a turntable without a tonearm and cartridge, a state-of-the-art digital DAC and digital transport, is a lot of money for the vast majority, myself included.

What one can afford and will buy, or already bought, in my honest opinion, is a very intimate and personal addition in life. The satisfaction rewards doesn't make the person lesser or better than his/her comrades.
The pursuit of perfection, the best that it can be, is legit in respect to that intimate relationship with performance from a car, a music hi-fi sound system.

* That Porsche Tang posted in his opening thread is twice as expensive as the new 2020 Corvette C8 Stingray (exactly twice for both base models). For CEOs and general managers of many companies those are affordable cars.

We have other threads with cars in the seven digits; I know only four WBF members who could own and drive such cars. I wish there were more and you never know who might join this site later on ...

If we would take the average car's cost of all WBF members I don't know exactly what it would be; it's only a guess that we can make @ best. And it doesn't mean more than what it is; from low to mid to high performance driven by a human behind the wheel...with his own personal intimate characterized smile.

$100K is much more affordable than $1M, and also twice less affordable than $50K.

I like Porscha, they're sporty, and affordable for many here, same as the new affordable Vettes.
Beats Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mitsubishis, ...in the $30-40K range and overall allure. IMO.

Tang likes its rear, me too, but I have zero clue on what level's différence.
C'est une affaire de voiture intime and de goût personnel.
Driving one is even more intimimate ... and price has nothing to do with intimacy.
Indians who live in the Amazon jungles have also their moments of intimacy, till a fire gets too close for comfort ...

I prefer A$$ton Martin personally to that Porscha's own A$$. That's only for looks alone.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterA and Derainer

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The Vantage is awesome. I recently saw a tennis-ball yellow Vantage at Whole Foods, it's much smaller than it looks in photos and even more beautiful.

I'd take one over a 911 on looks alone, but if I was shopping for a car like that I'd be test driving everything I could. ;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Lets not talk about price but just the design (look) of the car itself. Price wise you people are already lucky. I pay three times what you guys said because of tariff. I used to own a few Astons. They are proportionately beautiful with great hip and arse. But imo the new Vantage design is a disaster. It breaks away all Aston heritage which is the highest asset. I had the Vantage V12. That car was a great sculpture with no flaw in its proportion and line. But look at the rear of the new Vantage. It has great hip but the ass and boot lid look like pu$$y lips. I am not a porsche fan. But the 991 and 992 has a great proportion and line. I bought a black 964 once 25 years ago purely because of its proportion. I sold it a few years ago and got two times the price I paid. I was close to buying a beautiful 991 50th Anniversary but was too indecisive and someone snatched it ahead of me. New Porsches are easy to drive and very easy to live with. Women in 911 are sexy even when there is a child seat on the side. It is for my wife. My wife likes my green Hellcat Red eye so very much. But that is a left hand drive car with almost the size of Ford Raptor and huge blind spot both sides of the rear. So Aventurine green 911 it is. Its ass is J-Lo to me.

Tang :)

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I always buy used and watch the depreciation deals.
Love my 2014 Porsche TTS ass!!!

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
That's a nice rear too ...

Compared ...

The new Vantage has an AMG Mercedes V8 engine and even the british fan boys from Top Gear said they would rather own the original, aka the AMG GT instead of the new Aston Martin Vantage :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Tang, one of my favourite cars although i don't think i would fit into one is the Wiesman. Great axse too. View attachment 56659 View attachment 56660
Wiesmann, top BMW engine and parts in a Retro styled Body.
A friend of mine fancied one but could just not get into that tight thing :p

Unfortunately the brand is defunct for a few years already but due to the many BMW parts and engine, the Wiesmanns can probably be serviced an proper BMW Garage :cool:

Reactions: howiebrou

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Showing at Frankfurt. and I’m sure you could get some Ultra 11s to match.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I used to have a Porsche ass before switching to Italian food. 2015 911 GT3 View attachment 56688

Christian, that wingtail looks like a turbo flying rocket James Bond's car.
The licence plate is a killing indicator.

* I like your Ferrari a zillion times more. I think her a$$ says it all too.
Can you refresh our memory ...

Edit: I did a quick easy search ...

20190912_121417.jpg 20190912_121616.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rockitman

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Showing at Frankfurt. and I’m sure you could get some Ultra 11s to match.
I can't wait to go over speed humps in this one.

hi5harry

Sep 11, 2011
Santa Cruz, Calif
Are we just looking at gorgeous young behinds? Because I've got a FAT OLD ass. IMG_3953.JPG

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
"It's not the age, honey, it's the mileage"

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing