What Cartridge(s) Is Everyone Using

fabinho85

Jan 25, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Bob, i tried to create a gallery in my profile and upload the picture there but i couldn't get it to work. So i sent you a pm with a link to an external file hoster.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Ikeda 9TT - sweeeeeeeet ! thanks santa , Emt jsd5g , cartridgeman le music maker & Spu

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Bob, i tried to create a gallery in my profile and upload the picture there but i couldn't get it to work. So i sent you a pm with a link to an external file hoster.

---- ....Well received Fabian, thx. :cool: ...I just checked my PM box about an hour ago, or less.

________

vsu77rm9.jpg

paskinn

Jan 28, 2013
Urushi,the black one with little gold flakes.What I would really like is a stone bodied version;I have to wear this one out first or I would feel guilty, and broke.I 'd like the Jade body because I like that colour.It is not just about the sound.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I 'd like the Jade body because I like that colour.It is not just about the sound.

as you go up the Koetsu stone body line, it's not so much about the rock as the measurement tolerences of the motor get tighter and tighter. The Jade Platinum motor is essentially the same as the Coralstone or Blue lace. Since the motors are hand made, naturally there is variability in spec tolerence. The Blue Lace being the tightest spec.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Urushi,the black one with little gold flakes.What I would really like is a stone bodied version;I have to wear this one out first or I would feel guilty, and broke.I 'd like the Jade body because I like that colour.It is not just about the sound.

That would be the Urushi Gold Wajima. Nice Cart! I regret selling mine. If I had had the scratch I would've kept it. I have the Jade now. My University's color is green. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
as you go up the Koetsu stone body line, it's not so much about the rock as the measurement tolerences of the motor get tighter and tighter. The Jade Platinum motor is essentially the same as the Coralstone or Blue lace. Since the motors are hand made, naturally there is variability in spec tolerence. The Blue Lace being the tightest spec.

My High School's color is Blue. Perhaps I will wait for a hand me down from my older brother. The translucence of the BL is most beguiling.

paskinn

Jan 28, 2013
I

Interesting.There is a strange situation in the UK where all the stone bodied versions cost the same price while in the USA some units cost a lot more than others. Thus both jade and blue lace cost about £7,000 in the UK while in the USA the two units have big price variations. The UK distributor, Absolute Sounds, is very experienced as one of the longest living Koetsu Distributors, and his action suggests to me that the USA pricing is puzzling.Anyone buying a blue lace will save a lot by buying from Europe.Oddly enough, the Urushi is a bit cheaper in the USA.Life is complicated, especially now, in a global world.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Koetsu is a brand that I got to love ever since my first model, the Black. Love it enough I took the bite and became a country distributor of it about 6 years ago. I've heard virtually all of the them, including the Tiger Eye, Jade, Coralstone, and Blue Lace. And they all have their distinct sound from model to model, subtle but noticeable. Right now, I'm still using the Rosewood Signature, the one in my avatar. :) And I can attest to the rigid quality tolerance of Sugano san, knowing the cost and how they rebuild a damage Koetsu gave me the insight of their commitment to superior workmanship.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
-- Phil, nice avatar. ...And your username too. ...Jadis, Jade ... :b

Thanks, Bob. :)

Jadis' Jades. I hope to have a stable of something one day. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
here is a couple I got out of the cupboard to give a spin. the "mc-like" Nagaoka MP-50 and one of the best cartridges ever made- Technics EPC-P100CMK4

8519642191_a3ed346831_c.jpg 8519642899_3d9e760660_c.jpg

trapper

Mar 20, 2013
I think the Dynavector XV1T is the best but it is a lot of cash. Just upgrades from an XV1S and there is a wirld of difference. I have had Benz and VanDenhul as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing