What Do You Think ....

Just imagine if the SOTA benchmarks of yesteryear hadn't been superseded, but had carried on evolving w/max use of materials etc.
We could have had a Brave new World, part SteamPunk/part SpaceAge.
WE driver mega horns (check out Denman Exponential Horn), 3 channel stereo, clunky tube amps w/nary a semiconductor in sight, reel to reel becoming the preeminent media.
And of course, no Internet, and certainly no WBF! Heaven!

IMHO digital music servers. I went from a Naim Unitiserve, which was good, to a Lumin A1 network server and what it does with DSD is off the charts but even more impressive is what it's done with my 6000+ redbook FLAC files. It's dangerously close to analogue... Yeah I know everyone says that but in this case true! Affordable cartridges have become much improved as well, again IMHO wanker opinion :)

Yes, I wondered why the W in your avatar is upside down..

..I felt claiming #1 Wanker would seem pretentious

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing