What's Spinning Tonight?

Wonderful new artist discovery, Emaline Delapaix, Australian singer/composer who lives in Berlin now.

Exorcism:

a2918791939_10.jpg

Ah, missed her new release. Big fan so just bought this one on Amazon (couldn't find it on high-res sites). Thanks Bob.

Very smooth/mellow album; just my bag. :b ...Perfect for a peaceful Christmas ambiance.
Big fan too of Rickie Lee (free ? samples just by clicking her - picture).

Tonight, a couple of superb LP's, Carol Kidd on Linn recordsth.jpeg... and this Music Matters Kenny Burrell Midnight Blue LP: th-1.jpeg Which is one of the best sounding LP's I have ever heard!! Unbelievable on so many fronts. If you order just one LP this holiday season,and you don't own this Blue Note Music Matters 331/3 Lp, this is the one to get. My highest recommendation.

Tonight, a couple of superb LP's, Carol Kidd on Linn recordsView attachment 24187... and this Music Matters Kenny Burrell Midnight Blue LP: View attachment 24188 Which is one of the best sounding LP's I have ever heard!! Unbelievable on so many fronts. If you order just one LP this holiday season,and you don't own this Blue Note Music Matters 331/3 Lp, this is the one to get. My highest recommendation.

Davey, the Carol Kidd album is lovely, first rate on redbook ALAC although I would have preferred that all the tracks be without strings. Not a strings guy with jazz. I have the Kenny Burrell on a 24/192 download and it is unreal. Stunning transfer from the analog tape. My favorite of all the Blue Note titles. I can listen that that recording over and over.

Davey, the Carol Kidd album is lovely, first rate on redbook ALAC although I would have preferred that all the tracks be without strings. Not a strings guy with jazz. I have the Kenny Burrell on a 24/192 download and it is unreal. Stunning transfer from the analog tape. My favorite of all the Blue Note titles. I can listen that that recording over and over.

Joe, the Kenny Burrell Music Matters LP is the way to go, IMHO. An incredible recording that Music Matters just nailed as far as SQ. The hyperbole that the musicians are in the room with you...isn't too far off the mark with this amazing LP.
BTW, I have had a few copies of this LP, some have been a little noisy ( inexcusable IMO in this day and age), however, Elusive Disc ( whom I bought the LP from) have been very good at letting me swap it out for a cleaner copy.

Thanks Davey. I have a nice VPI/Kuzma/Benz TT set up but have no interest in spending any more money on LPs. I will stick with digital.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing