What's Spinning Tonight?

Love London Grammar, good stuff. How about a little Bassface trio plays Gershwin. Stockfisch label, SACD, impeccable quality and addicting Gershwin tunes to boot.
R-1870144-1249060609.jpeg.jpg

Pat Methany Group, "Missouri, June 1979". BB Presents. This is one of two "bootleg" albums I picked up at Half Priced Books. There is no cover, just a thick plastic sleeve, which the record slides into. The vinyl is clear (no color) and the recording is decent, but not an "audiophile" recording. It's a live album and the group really lets go and seem to be having a lot of fun. Sound staging seems to vary a bit, but the music is there and good. I think I gave $9 for each album. On the plastic sleeve there is what appears to be Russian or Greek writing and it says it is licensed by Alfa/RVI, Tokyo - limited edition 500 copies. I read on one site that this is a bootleg of a Warner Brothers promotional LP and was recorded at the Blue Note, NYC. Anyway, fun album.

Stravinsky, The Firebird Suite (1919), Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Carlo Maria Giulini. 45RPM Angel Sonic Series. Incredible dynamics.
R-4116709-1355783551-1718.jpeg.jpg

Back from a nice trip to Big Bend National Park and the first piece of vinyl I'm playing is the excellent Bonnie Raitt album, "The Lost Broadcast, Philadelphia 1972", put out by Let Them Eat Vinyl. Very well done live album. I recommend adding this one to your vinyl collection.
CS504355-01A-BIG.jpg

Last edited:
"OK Computer", Radiohead, vinyl.
w0ksqedeqgplg_small.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing