What's Spinning Tonight?

Joni Mitchell with Herbie Hancock, "Bread and Roses Festival, 1978". 33.3rpm, Let Them Eat Vinyl.
BreadAndRosesFestival-L.jpg

I like the record label's name, so I searched ... http://www.juno.co.uk/products/eleh-radiant-intervals-i-reissue/630994-01/
I am sampling some right now from that album, plus I sampled some more from the same artist's other albums.
This is more avant-garde than avant-garde. It's like meditating while looking @ picture frames outside on a Sunday morning's rain.
It's . . . . different, very. ...Sounds that set your imagination free of travelling anywhere on the planet and in space; extremely unorthodox, like a dream escaping the subconscious.

I like the record label's name, so I searched ... http://www.juno.co.uk/products/eleh-radiant-intervals-i-reissue/630994-01/
I am sampling some right now from that album, plus I sampled some more from the same artist's other albums.
This is more avant-garde than avant-garde. It's like meditating while looking @ picture frames outside on a Sunday morning's rain.
It's . . . . different, very. ...Sounds that set your imagination free of travelling anywhere on the planet and in space; extremely unorthodox, like a dream escaping the subconscious.

Hi Northstar,

Glad you enjoyed it.

Currently listening to this:

ELEH Homage (Important Records)

ELEH Homage.jpg

* It's a click-on ? front cover (voice sampling, but that song is not included on that album: Yola)

I checked all the videos from that album (only few were available from various audio quality - inferior), and I couldn't find a single one good enough sound quality wise to approach fairly what the air around the room and ears propel in my heart and soul. Sorry for that; it sometimes happens.
But you can click on the front cover picture to hear her voice from another album. If you like her voice, Yola you will like too.
Yola's sound quality (SACD stereo), that too along with her voice you will like; the bass, the piano, the drums, everything penetrates the crevasses near the precipice of the emotional volcano in the soul of a woman, man and all that jazz.

? Yola - short music samples

Last edited:
Hi Northstar,

Glad you enjoyed it.

Currently listening to this:

ELEH Homage (Important Records)

View attachment 32252

Every time you post a new music front cover, it has a special impact.
? http://www.importantrecords.com/imprec/imprec376

I like to be transported differently and peacefully passed the four corners of the globe, where the Earth's dirt don't hold your feet anymore and the air falls down below to infinity. Time doesn't exist anymore and with it gravity.

Colin Steson All This I Do For Glory - when jazz meets aphex twin

That too is new and I like.

? Full youtube music video ? by clicking on it.

Click on this back ? for a short true review.

Hybrid Stereo/Multichannel (5.1) SACD/CD music recording intelligently recorded. "Phile" quality drums sound. Hypnotic, magic, relaxing, very.
Literally, I am floating above the sky's clouds...with the stars. Let me be in my comfort zone, I cause no ennui to none.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful blue sunny day today, 20° Celsius with few white cumulus nimbus nuages.
I'm outside (wood deck) sitting on my couch and looking and listening between images.

51ZaD7-jNsL._SY355_.jpg

Redbook
51De-UCq0yL.jpg

_____

Extra: Time measurement

Say average life's expectancy is 85 years.
Say you are 40-years old; you have 16,425 days left.
Say you are 60-years old; you have 9,125 days left.
Say you are 65-years old; you have 7,300 days only left.
A baby born and by the time he/she reaches 20, 7,300 days would have expired.

We all know how fast children grow.
We all know how fast a day goes by.
We all know that there are not enough hours in a day, from morning to evening.
We spend the third of our life sleeping. We spend time driving, lawn mowing, repairing broken things, etc.

In our mind we are not immortal, in physics we are even less.

That's one way we can measure time. There is simply not enough time in our life.

How can we expand time? One way is to take it, take our time (enjoying listening to music for example, hiking, travelling, film watching, ...),
another is to give it, some of our most precious one to the next ones after us, by sharing it with loved ones and everyone else who see the value in time.
...Pass it along wisely to the next generations, our best time.

Last edited:
Pink Floyd: The Endless River Blu-ray (multichannel)
61SZPDHaqUL._SY450_.jpg

What a smooth ride on the vast ocean of lost dreams. ...Life of Pi with a huge expanded soundstage.
If you're a Floyd's fan, there's no end; the river keeps flowing all around metamorphosing. And there's no need to take a pill/tablet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing