What's Spinning Tonight?

love Enoch lights music and have a few of his lps.
you sir have exceedingly good taste.. I advise against travel to any far away places inhabited by cannibals . .

Up into the cherry tree
Who should climb but little me?
I held the trunk with both my hands
And looked abroad in foreign lands.

I saw the next door garden lie,
Adorned with flowers, before my eye,
And many pleasant places more
That I had never seen before.

I saw the dimpling river pass
And be the sky’s blue looking-glass;
The dusty roads go up and down
With people tramping in to town.

If I could find a higher tree
Farther and farther I should see,
To where the grown-up river slips
Into the sea among the ships,

To where the roads on either hand
Lead onward into fairy land,
Where all the children dine at five,
And all the playthings come alive....
With the sound of music.

Last edited:
Here's a real Live Record! Epic LN 3190
Lionel Hampton Apollo Hall Concert (1954)

He toured Europe in 1953, a tour which proved to be the most sensational event of its kind in the annals of music. All previous attendance records were smashed overnight, and no matter whether he was playing in calmer Scandinavia or in the most temperamental Southern countries , Lionel Hampton had his audiences completely in his power, from the very first to the very last note, and the very first to the very last beat. He began his second European tour on the 28th October 1954, which was even more successful than the previous occasion, when he carried everything before him. Stop for a moment to think of bassist Peter Bradie, whose supple fingers pluck the four-strings with such unerring accuracy, and drummer Wilford Eddleton – next to "Hamp" himself, one of the great driving forces in the orchestra – who, together with Bradie, forms an excellent duo. Then there is veteran "Hamptonist" William Macket on his guitar, the absolute epitome of tranquility, not only one of the greatest rhythmists, but also an inspiring soloist, whose choice of chords too, possesses a unique charm of its own. Next on the list is the versatile alto-saxophonist Robert Plater and pianist Dwike Mitchell, who can only be termed a sensation. You could go on like this, for every single one of the musicians in the orchestra possesses special qualities, many of which defy description. All the same, one always lands up, however, exactly where one started – with the heart and soul of the orchestra, that inexhaustible fountain of energy, band leader Lionel Hampton.

Hampton the Magician, The Maestro !

How High The Moon
Stardust
Lover Man
Midnight Sun
Love Is Here To Stay
The Nearness Of You
Vibe Boogie
Flying Home

1640323906253.png

Here's a real Live Record! Epic LN 3190
Lionel Hampton Apollo Hall Concert (1954)

He toured Europe in 1953, a tour which proved to be the most sensational event of its kind in the annals of music. All previous attendance records were smashed overnight, and no matter whether he was playing in calmer Scandinavia or in the most temperamental Southern countries , Lionel Hampton had his audiences completely in his power, from the very first to the very last note, and the very first to the very last beat. He began his second European tour on the 28th October 1954, which was even more successful than the previous occasion, when he carried everything before him. Stop for a moment to think of bassist Peter Bradie, whose supple fingers pluck the four-strings with such unerring accuracy, and drummer Wilford Eddleton – next to "Hamp" himself, one of the great driving forces in the orchestra – who, together with Bradie, forms an excellent duo. Then there is veteran "Hamptonist" William Macket on his guitar, the absolute epitome of tranquility, not only one of the greatest rhythmists, but also an inspiring soloist, whose choice of chords too, possesses a unique charm of its own. Next on the list is the versatile alto-saxophonist Robert Plater and pianist Dwike Mitchell, who can only be termed a sensation. You could go on like this, for every single one of the musicians in the orchestra possesses special qualities, many of which defy description. All the same, one always lands up, however, exactly where one started – with the heart and soul of the orchestra, that inexhaustible fountain of energy, band leader Lionel Hampton.

Hampton the Magician, The Maestro !

How High The Moon
Stardust
Lover Man
Midnight Sun
Love Is Here To Stay
The Nearness Of You
Vibe Boogie
Flying Home

View attachment 86905
Another great. I have a sacd of him.

Reactions: Hifi man
The tide rolls in, goes right back again

"Time is more complex near the sea than in any other place, for in addition to the circling of the sun and the turning of the seasons, the waves beat out the passage of time on the rocks and the tides rise and fall as a great clepsydra." ~ John Steinbeck

In ancient times the sun was used to measure time during the day, but sundials weren't much help after dark, so peoples around the world invented clocks that used dripping water to mark the hours. In one kind of water clock, possibly invented by the Chaldeans, a vessel was filled with water that was allowed to escape through a hole. The vessel's inside was marked with graduated lines, and the time was read by measuring the level of the remaining water. The ancient Greeks called their water clocks "klepsydra" ("water thief"), which comes from "kleptein" ("to steal") and "hyd?r" ("water"). English speakers stole "clepsydra" from the Greeks in the 16th century, but actual water clocks have become increasingly rare because of evaporation . . .

Erroll Garner clocks in with perfect time live in Carmel, CA 1955

1640326084997.png

Last edited:
Claudio Arrau after winning numerous awards for his complete works of Chopin
for piano and orchestra, was awarded one of West Germany's highest decorations,
the "Bundesverdienstkreuz" for his life long dedication to the music of Beethoven .

Phillips # 6570 104 from the FESTIVO series imported from the Netherlands

1640458516517.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing