1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240907_040034770.jpg
    PXL_20240907_040034770.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240907_040059682.jpg
    PXL_20240907_040059682.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I was living in Frankfurt in 1985 when this record came out. I saw them in 1986 at the Rock AM Ring in Koblenz, Germany. They had a dazzling stage show. Excellent band!
Yes Sir indeed - what a great band! I saw them in Stockholm in June -89 with the Street Fighting Years tour! Ground shaking bass, I tell you!! My knees was trembling during the concert!! Concerts of today is rarely of that experience no more, sorry to say. Lucky me, I get that experience in my audioroom (if I call for it) hehehe :D !!!

/ Jk

Yes Sir indeed - what a great band! I saw them in Stockholm in June -89 with the Street Fighting Years tour! Ground shaking bass, I tell you!! My knees was trembling during the concert!! Concerts of today is rarely of that experience no more, sorry to say. Lucky me, I get that experience in my audioroom (if I call for it) hehehe :D !!!

/ Jk
Today, halls in (german) are only allowed to have 100 dB sound pressure. If you're at a concert, stand next to the mixer if possible. There you'll see a dB meter to check the sound pressure.
Avantage at the mixer mostly the best sound;)

Reactions: Johan K
Today, halls in (german) are only allowed to have 100 dB sound pressure. If you're at a concert, stand next to the mixer if possible. There you'll see a dB meter to check the sound pressure.
Avantage at the mixer mostly the best sound;)
Hi Stephan,

Yea it’s too pitty they have lower the level at concerts. I prefere the OZZY 140dB approach where the stuff in the roof is falling down due to the sound preasure… Then NO ONE is left untouched … MOOHAHAHA.. :D !!!!

( a part of me is kidding, but for most part I’m dead serious!! )

/ Jk

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DasguteOhr
Hi Stephan,

Yea it’s too pitty they have lower the level at concerts. I prefere the OZZY 140dB approach where the stuff in the roof is falling down due to the sound preasure… Then NO ONE is left untouched … MOOHAHAHA.. :D !!!!

( a part of me is kidding, but for most part I’m dead serious!! )

/ Jk
My loudest(best) conzert ever, shortly before my blood runs out of my ear.
Such a great tour manowar rulez the world.unnamed (2).jpg

• Love
Reactions: Johan K
I saw Simple Minds at Jones Beach (on Long Island NY ) in August 1985 , they opened for the Pretenders - both were great shows!
Hi facten,

I was at Jones Beach in May 1995… Great beach - Damn cold water .. LOL !!!
I guess I only did miss that Simple Minds show by a decade or something …. hehe.. ohh boy ohh boy !!!

/ Jk

Reactions: facten
My loudest(best) conzert ever, shortly before my blood runs out of my ear.
Such a great tour manowar rulez the world.View attachment 136005

Cool heavy sound… I like them a lot! No bull, just heavy heavy metal! Yea this kind of music needs to be felt, not just heard☝!! My loudest show, with no one near close, is ofcourse AC/DC in Gothenburg 24 of June 2001. Not the most bass preasure, but loudest without a doubt!

The show with the most bass I ever felt, was ”Dr. Alban”, playing in a very small venue in my home town, with a ten times too big PA-System.. haha!!! So funny… EVERYTHING was shaking, arms of my T-shirt, and pant-legs was just trembling throughout the whole show, eye-sight went from being sharp, to being like a misty foggy view… The heart rate was in the same frequence as the concert, and the breath… wow.. don’t remember if I ever breathe during the whole show… it was that intence bass!!! Music was crap, but the show was funny!

Reactions: DasguteOhr
Neil Young ~ Greatest Hits

Format: 2 LP Set/ Stereo

Attachments

• PXL_20240907_181346948.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240907_181346948.MP.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240907_181433764.jpg
    PXL_20240907_181433764.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240907_181516145.jpg
    PXL_20240907_181516145.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: facten

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu