What's the best power cord for the ARC REF5 SE?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Any audio product that has "mystery" in its name should probably be avoided.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Anyone who makes blanketed statement about anything without even trying it will always be the same.
Oh well.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Anyone who makes blanketed statement about anything without even trying it will always be the same.
Oh well.

Yes Ron/Marigo has been around for a long, long time and makes interesting accessories and cables-some of which have been favorably reviewed over the years. Perhaps the name is/isn't unfortunate but Ron enjoys naming his products. I think his last feet were named bear claws or something like that ;)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
An audio product with the word "mystery" in the name infers that the designer has hit on something that really sounds good, but they don't know why. An audio product that has the word "magical" in the name could infer the designer knows what he did to achieve the sound he has obtained, but he just doesn't want to share it. Or, it could have the same meaning as "mystery." Either word used as part of the title of an audio product tends to make my B.S. meter peg to the right. If you designed something (and I don't care what it is) and it works great or sounds great, you ought to know why it works and/or sounds good and there should be no "mystery" about it.

And look, I don't know anything about the mystery feet and whether they 'sound' great or not. I just personally think the word "mystery" isn't such a great choice for an audio product's name. Other audiophiles may see the words "mystery" or "magical" in the title of an audio product and get all excited about it in a positive way. It's just not me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing