What's Up, What's Best?

Angela

WBF Technical Expert
May 24, 2010
Conifer, Colorado
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to join in the fun and looking to have respectful and informative discussions with folks and just to have some fun. After recently starting a thread that was locked on another forum, I am really not looking for THAT much fun.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am married to Roger Sanders of Sanders Sound Systems and as such would consider myself a manufacturer. I will try to answer questions or get answers if I don't know if anyone wants to know about the products or the technology. I am also here to just hang and learn and share.

Shout out to Albert Porter! I was happy to see you on the member list. Hi to Rich and Neil and Gordon and Reginald! Looks like a nice forum, Steve. Happy to be aboard.

Cheers,
Angela

http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Allow me to welcome Angela to our site. I promised her no one on this site will call her a "sales girl":) I also think she is proof that audio geeks can get a girl.
Two other things. This means Steve is going to have to start a Sanders Manufacturer's forum for her. Somebody is going to have by a pair of her speakers. Quite the bargain at $13k.

Now does anybody speak Chinese? We need to get Quad here.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdf3VA06iSA

Some of you may remember that the first incarnation of Sanderssounds was Innersounds. It was blessed by Harry Pearson. The company was sold and then went out of business. Roger then revived the company and his speaker os the winner of the 2010 Golden Ear Award form the absolute sound.
Most notable is Rogers belief that beaming is good and so is a "sweet spot." He believes that solid sate is the ideal amp for electrostatics. Counter intuitive.

Attachments

• stack_plus_10b_30&#48.jpg
    stack_plus_10b_30&#48.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

It could be OT but it seems that beaming in moderation, is a good thing. Wide dispersion speakers tend to spill over a lot of energy inthe upper band, They mandate specific Room Treatments,/ absorbption. Narrow dispersion can be used to minimize the interaction of the room. He (Roger) has a point which is becoming more acknowledged the more Audioiphiles are paying attention to the Speaker-Room interface.
and Angela, Welcome , bring other women to our forum.

Frantz

Angela

WBF Technical Expert
May 24, 2010
Conifer, Colorado
thanks for the welcome! pssst. . . I'll tell you more about geeks getting girls later. . .

RGA and Franz,
Thanks for bringing narrow dispersion up. For those that want to understand more, you may find these links interesting to you:

1. Dispersion White Paper
  2. Sanders Sound hits the Sweet Spot Video

the video link was also posted above by RGA (thanks!), but I wanted to get both into one thought here.

"Roger Sanders, inventor of the curved electrostatic loudspeaker, will make you rethink everything you always thought you knew about stats. He sure did (rethink everything) to the point of abandoning his own invention for a contradictory philosophy. His logic is irrefutable, his speakers are infallible, and his electronics are unstoppable. Check out this video for a crash course on electrostatic myths and mating." - Audiogon

Video courtesy of AudiogoN

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Video courtesy of AudiogoN
Welcome aboard Angela. And thanks for the nice contribution with this video. It loved the easy explanations of the design behind the speakers. I am going to create a new thread where we post all the best tutorials about "why" a product works as well as it does, both in text and video format. To that end, I like to use this video but I need to have a version without the last bit of "call to action" where a sales pitch is made. It was great and appropriate for this forum until that point. Are you able to give me an edited version without it?

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Welcome Angela.

I joined a few weeks ago, but just posted my introduction today(Mobiusman). I just wanted to share that at CES 2009, I heard the Sanders Sound System for the first time and was extremely impressed. I have owned, Magneplanar Tympani 3a's, 4 different ML's, Wisdom M75's Dunlavey 5's and am somewhat knowledgeable about what is out there. I was so impressed by the SSS, that I would seriously consider them if I had a better set up environment currently.

Russ

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to join in the fun and looking to have respectful and informative discussions with folks and just to have some fun. After recently starting a thread that was locked on another forum, I am really not looking for THAT much fun.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am married to Roger Sanders of Sanders Sound Systems and as such would consider myself a manufacturer. I will try to answer questions or get answers if I don't know if anyone wants to know about the products or the technology. I am also here to just hang and learn and share.

Shout out to Albert Porter! I was happy to see you on the member list. Hi to Rich and Neil and Gordon and Reginald! Looks like a nice forum, Steve. Happy to be aboard.

Cheers,
Angela

http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/

Angela (100) very pleased to see you here. What's Best is now a far better place :^)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing