Why can't I send a message to myself?

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
"You cannot start a conversation with yourself." = You cannot send a message to yourself.
Pardon me but this is a silly restriction and request you remove it.

This appears to be a messaging system, like every other one on every other forum that uses the term 'Inbox.'

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I suggest posting on the forum as most do when they want to talk to themselves

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
On another note - Note to self, you just can’t go round messaging yourself. Not now. Not ever.

Improv note-taking on the move for Dummies. A few days a week I commute 200km to work and sometimes I use hands free my iPhone to take notes for prep for work or just to capture random freeway ideas. Much like yours I now call this the ‘Siri restriction’.

The other day I was just putting a few thoughts together for a meditation, it was to start ‘I have peace, I have joy...’

Siri edited it for me... ‘I have peas, I have joins’... I almost prefer Siri’s version.

Back to you Tim. Best of luck with the self message request quest.

Last edited:

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I suggest posting on the forum as most do when they want to talk to themselves

As you of all people know the forum is set up fine for talking. I wanted somewhere I could keep references to particular threads, messages and information that I run across. In theory WBF has a trove of data on various topics and pieces of equipment. However, the forum's search function is so very limited and not suited for efficiently researching and accessing all the varied information accumulated here. That's a real shame, but figuring the prospects for improved search were nill, there was no reason to make further suggestions about that function. Indices could help, but that would cost money and time to create. Keeping references made sense - something so simple, but the inability to send a message to oneself for that purpose does not.

I figured what better place to keep information from WBF than on WBF.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I was joking with my post above...

I used to use the blog function in the older WBF format to blog a post or thread. They should put that back

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Just send any useless mail to Ked, then you have a record of it in your sent mail :)

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
As you of all people know the forum is set up fine for talking. I wanted somewhere I could keep references to particular threads, messages and information that I run across. In theory WBF has a trove of data on various topics and pieces of equipment. However, the forum's search function is so very limited and not suited for efficiently researching and accessing all the varied information accumulated here. That's a real shame, but figuring the prospects for improved search were nill, there was no reason to make further suggestions about that function. Indices could help, but that would cost money and time to create. Keeping references made sense - something so simple, but the inability to send a message to oneself for that purpose does not.

I figured what better place to keep information from WBF than on WBF.

I use the 'Test Forum' section of the forums for almost everything, including my own references, links, images, testing, colors, features, texts, important articles, important WBF threads with links, etc.
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/forums/test-forum.274/

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
So do you want to copy paste the link to yourself via the forum?

Huh? Thus far all you've done is create distraction from the issue I raised. I take it that is your aim. It would be stupid to create a thread for notes because that becomes just as susceptible to wandering commentary as happened here.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Huh? Thus far all you've done is create distraction from the issue I raised. I take it that is your aim. It would be stupid to create a thread for notes because that becomes just as susceptible to wandering commentary as happened here.

I meant, how do you keep the reference to a particular thread or post

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Each thread has an associated URL as does each post. Copy that and/or text from the message + author + date + title or category. Or whatever I want to notate from it. Put in a message and send to myself with an appropriate title. It's so simple, mostly cut 'n paste ... no other forum I've visited prevents one from sending a message to oneself.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing