Wi-Fi access to WBF

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with this technical issue. For about a month I have not been able to access WBF while I am on Wi-Fi, both from my cell phone and from my desktop computer. I can however access the website using cell data and disconnecting from Wi-Fi.

I was recently on vacation in Charleston, South Carolina and could access WBF from Wi-Fi at my hotel and at the airport, I just cannot do it from my personal devices at home. I did reach out to Julian, our webmaster, twice via his personal email, but received no response. Ron Resnick shared with me Julian’s contact information and encourage me to reach out to him directly.

I cannot log onto WBF when on Wi-Fi and get the message below depicted in a photograph of my computer screen. The message reads “Your IP address has been banned”. I suspect one of my settings has to be changed, but I don’t know which one or how to do it.

I have no problem getting onto the site using my cell phone data plan, but I would prefer using Wi-Fi, especially for things like viewing system videos over my computer and the ease of a keyboard and working at a desk.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have. Thank you very much.

Peter

1721239539301.jpeg

i'm the least techie guy here. but once had a similar issue and it turned out there was some issue with my web browsing history that was corrupting my access.....a bad address or something......don't recall.

i cleared my browsing history and it cleared up. different than re-booting. you will lose your cookies and such. so it's a pain.

Reactions: PeterA
i'm the least techie guy here. but once had a similar issue and it turned out there was some issue with my web browsing history that was corrupting my access.....a bad address or something......don't recall.

i cleared my browsing history and it cleared up. different than re-booting. you will lose your cookies and such. so it's a pain.
+1. I had exactly the same experience with another website I used to frequent. I cleared my browsing history and that solved it. But as Mike said you lose a lot of saved stuff.

I just checked your registration and see nothing to explain. Having said this you have used a total of 72 different IP addresses here on WBF. I would need to go through each of those ip addresses to see if there are issues. Lately many new members have been rejected as they were using a VPN whose IP address was spam infested This has become a problem lately for members registering. However our TOS say VPN’s are forbidden. I will need to check all 72 of your used. Ip Addresses to see if that is an issue unless you can provide me those IP addresses that you have had issues with

I have also found lately that many users have been using Apple iCloud relay which hides their user ip address. Many of these iCloud relay ip addresses I have found were used by as many as 6-8 of our members and many of these relay IP’s weed spam infected and rejected by our spam guard. Recently we have had several users whose ID was hacked and used fraudulently. Have you tried changing your passwords to be certain your account hasn’t been hacked. Two users recently had their account hacked and their PayPal was used fraudulently. If you have the Ip addresses that have given you problems I can look into that for you but I can’t search all 72 of your used IP addresses

Finally I can tell you that I vet every new registered member on a daily basis and lately we have had a huge onslaught of hackers/ spammers out of Russia, China and India.that I have headed off before they gain entry to the forum. Bottom line I have suggested all members to be careful Two nights ago we had a legit member whose registration was rejected by our spam guard. Reached out to us and we found he was using a VON as well as his home IP address. All were banned by our spam guard. I have no idea but possibly some of your IP addresses ( you have 72) have been banned here This.is why the use of a VPN is against our TOS

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing