Depth: 24 3/16 inches (61.41 cm)

Enclosure Type:
Woofer: (Rear Ported) Material: X-Material
Midrange: (Rear Vented) Material: X-Material/ S-Material baffle
Tweeter: (Sealed) Material: X-Material
Damping Inserts: Material: V-Material
-Woofer Top / Midrange Top / Acoustic Diodes

Product Weight:
Weight Per Channel Uncrated: 265 lbs (120.20 kg)
Approximate Shipping Weight: 795 lbs (360.61 kg)

1662482237355.png

simonthepieman

Oct 2, 2020
surely someone in the USA has them on order or has listened to a pre launch pair
do tell they look lovely and i'm sure they sound nice?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I am very curious to listen to the Alexia V - I always considered that the Alexia range was the best value for money of the Wilson family. The way it conveyed power density to instruments and voices was significantly above the smaller brothers. However it was not an easy load.

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Alex V.jpg

Alex V 2.jpg

Alex V 3.jpg

From the press release:

"First introduced in the Alexx V, Wilson’s Convergent Synergy Carbon (CSC) Tweeter now finds a place in the Alexia V. This unique and complex carbon fiber rear-wave chamber is constructed entirely in-house on one of our many dedicated 3D printers. Listening to the results of this special tweeter, one can’t help but get lost in its ability to present an unprecedented level of ambient retrieval and exceptional harmonic expression.

The integration of the tweeter and midrange is an absolutely critical element to accurate sound reproduction. Originally, when Alexia Series 2 was introduced, it utilized the same cellulose fiber/carbon composite midrange unit as is found in the WAMM Master Chronosonic®. This midrange has served Alexia well over the years. After extensive experimentation and system refinements, the Alnico (Aluminum-Nickel-Cobalt) QuadraMag™ has been successfully incorporated into the design and selected as the main midrange for the Alexia V. First developed for the Chronosonic XVX®, the QuadraMag midrange provides a tonally rich and life-like sound.

Wilson Audio’s bespoke binding posts create a cleaner signal path at its point of contact. Both banana plug and traditional spade connections can be used with this binding post. Additionally, the new spades, previously only found on the Chronosonic XVX and Alexx V, are optimized to couple precisely with the binding posts. New custom-built cables connecting everything inside Alexia V provide a balanced and beautiful sounding signal path.

Included with Alexia V is a complete set of Wilson Audio Acoustic Diode™. An all-new spike system launched with Alexx V, which has been completely upgraded from our standard spike system, and features a novel combination of austenitic stainless steel and V-Material. This coupling system was created by Wilson Audio’s Special Applications Engineering® (WASAE) division and has superlative vibration management that reveals far greater dynamic nuances across the entire frequency spectrum. These Acoustic Diodes come in two finish options - Natural Stainless Steel and Carbon Black.

• Resistor mounting hardware is now attached to carbon fiber and angled in such a way for a more beautiful presentation and ease to work with.

• The improved and aesthetically appealing external cable dressing solution.

• A new stylized alignment “staircase” block has been developed for ease of visibility during installation.

• The woofer port has been improved to increase laminar flow.

• Mid enclosure internal volume was increased 6.4% to allow a more open-sounding midrange. The woofer enclosure internal volume is now 8.9% larger compared with Alexia Series 2, creating deeper low-frequency reproduction and faster transient settling.

• Refined internal midrange wave diffusers allow faster midrange settling.

• There is now an integrated Bubble level on the top of the woofer cabinet which makes leveling the loudspeaker much easier and more convenient. "

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I didn’t realize the Alexx V has a new tweeter that even the XVX does not have.

I see Alexia V in Lee’s future!

Reactions: microstrip

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
In mine as well. Been through both the initial Alexia and Alexia II and looking forward to V.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Four different finish levels is kind of interesting. I wonder how they are different.

Standard Finishes: $67,500
Upgrade Finishes: $69,500
Custom Finishes: $71,500
Premium Finishes: $79,500

Wilson offers a set of stock or standar colors and they offer an upgrade set of colors for which they charge more. I'm thinking Custom colors are a set of 5 colors they call "Premium Pearl" which has a pearlescent cast, different and finer than metallic. And they will paint a speaker any color you want. Strong suggestion from WAS that one views actual samples at a dealer as electronic media viewing is limited.

I think what I'm describing is the case but I am not 100% certain. Perhaps @metaphacts will clarify for us.

This is from 2019:

Wilson Color__BugsttiBlue.jpg

Reactions: PeterA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think pk_LA has Olympia Pearl. Up close it is kind of a slightly champagne-y pearl white. I think it’s very pretty.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I'll gladly take any color. One thing for sure is Wilson's fit and finish is top notch.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Standard Finishes: $67,500
Upgrade Finishes: $69,500
Custom Finishes: $71,500
Premium Finishes: $79,500

Wilson offers a set of stock or standar colors and they offer an upgrade set of colors for which they charge more. I'm thinking Custom colors are a set of 5 colors they call "Premium Pearl" which has a pearlescent cast, different and finer than metallic. And they will paint a speaker any color you want. Strong suggestion from WAS that one views actual samples at a dealer as electronic media viewing is limited.

I think what I'm describing is the case but I am not 100% certain. Perhaps @metaphacts will clarify for us.

This is from 2019:

View attachment 97641
My color isn't even listed as it was a special color Black Almondine

StefanT

Mar 28, 2014
I didn’t realize the Alexx V has a new tweeter that even the XVX does not have.

I see Alexia V in Lee’s future!
Lee posted the following on Facebook yesterday:

"I will be doing a review of these Alexia Vs which have replaced my Alexia 2s. They have a stunning Cranberry Pearl finish with black hardware. I am creating a video review but we are under press embargo until 9/16. There were early pairs available for press. We are doing a large video program for the Vs and since I owned Alexia 2s this made sense. We have a video coming later on the production of this pair. I work for Nextscreen, the parent of The Absolute Sound and hifi+."

1662570636861.png

StefanT

Mar 28, 2014
Soundstage Australia also have a pair in for review. Edgar Kramer writes the following on Facebook today:

"
Busy day today at our Australian HQ. Fine-tuning Wilson Audio’s new Alexia V loudspeakers. Stunning in GT Silver. Stay tuned!" To be driven by the Gryphon Antileon EVO amplifier.

1662657748932.png

StefanT

Mar 28, 2014
Alexia V’s first ever Review is hot off the press! Read why Chris Connaker awarded Alexia V with Audiophile Style’s prestigious CASH Suggested Hardware Award.

“The Alexia V has more than enough slam and attack to pressurize a room and pound the listener in the chest, should the music call for it. That's a hallmark of Wilson speakers, that I know my friends in the music business appreciate and will enjoy even more though the V. What really grabbed me immediately when listening through the Alexia V, was the midrange. It's just magical. The midrange is liquid in the way that mercury is liquid, rather than an undefined globule of water. Mercury has delineated edges yet a smoothness and an unmistakable appearance. The Alexia V's midrange is also unmistakable and will present one's favorite music, on a platter, again for the first time.”
- Chris Connaker | Audiophile Style

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/wilson-audio-alexia-v-full-review-r1141/

1663259714192.png

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This is another vote for the view (my oft-stated view) that the secret sauce of the new generation of Wilson speakers is the midrange driver from the XVX.

• Haha
Reactions: tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing