World Cup predictions anyone?

Big game day today that will see two teams advance to one of two semi-finals. We have BRA-COL and GER-FRA. Based on what I've seen so far (and I've seen every game in this WC) any one of these 4 teams can win. Nothing would surprise me. What's your take on these match-ups?

There are potentially 3 games left if Germany makes it to the Final, and if he gets some playing time I think he can do it. Was never a fan of the overbloated Ronaldo.

Sorry but is ridiculous to compare ronaldo and klose. Ronaldo was a genius, who has 2 wc victories, and klose is just a regular player, who will be forgotten as soon as he ends his career.

Sorry but is ridiculous to compare ronaldo and klose. Ronaldo was a genius, who has 2 wc victories, and klose is just a regular player, who will be forgotten as soon as he ends his career.

Note: I never commented on his talent. I made a personal observation about how I felt about the player. I have the greatest respect for Maradona as a player, but as a person......well, that's another story. I also didn't say that Klose was a better player than Ronaldo. Gheez.

Well well well.
Let's face Germany now. If the germans saw the game today, they should be very worried.

Let's hope Holland does not give us shame by loosing to Costa Rica and Belgium beats Argentina.

I would really love to face holland on the final game.

Neymar is in the hospital. If something bad happens to him and he would not be able to play against germany, that is the end for us

Columbia were totally outclassed by a team that came to win. The BRA-GER semi should be a cracker.

Brasil and germany are the two major players in this sport, it is a classic, the problem is that maybe we won't have Neymar, very bad injury

Brasil and germany are the two major players in this sport, it is a classic, the problem is that maybe we won't have Neymar, very bad injury

I've been looking around, but I can't get any more details on the Neymar injury. Please post if you do find out.

he is in the hospital making some exams. xray and an official statement will be made in the next 2 hours
keep you guys informed

I don't think Brazil would've made it past Germany anyway, with or without Neymar.
Everybody seems to have watched a different game than I did today, though. I didn't see Brazil play exceptionally well, but I did see Colombia play exceptionally bad.
It seemed Colombia got scared, didn't attack. The set play used for the 1st goal is well known, and the Colombia coach should've known about it and warned their players. All the colombias followed Fred on the small box, and left Thiago free to score. That's not Brazil's merit, but Colombia's problem.
Brazil was still very average, but at least there was a semblance of team play there, something lacking in previous matches.
Germany today was their usual self, killer. And they'll likely kill Brazil next week as well.
As for Neymar, that colombian (Zuniga) should be prohibited from ever player *any* sport, ever again. What he did was criminal. And just a few minutes earlier, he went straight for Hulk's knee, almost severely injuring him as well.
THIS is the kind of stuff that drove me mad when everybody was talking about Suarez' bite. Is Chielini still suffering from the bite? Was he ever in danger of having to end his career, or worse? I don't think so. No bite could ever get close to what this guy did. And if FIFA doesn't do anything about this, they'll just reaffirm my belief that they're a morally corrupt organisation.

Oh well... Now on to root for the belgians tomorrow!

alexandre

Alexandre,

Respect your opinion, but totally disagree. Neymar is one of the best players of the world and surely will be missed, and with him we could have easily beat germany. Do not forget what was the score between germany and argelia, and what about germany and gana. Brasil is playing at home with all the public supporting and again had 50% chance of beating germany or more. But now without the main player it will be very difficult, chances in my opinion are below 20%

Tears for Neymar yes , but they did a pretty strong job on James the kid too . The ref let things get outta control , should have flashed some colour wayyy back ..... This Brazlian team is not a patch on their previous squads . Where's the. Rhythm , the Samba ... Have they changed their style of play . Somebody with more insight please enlighten ....

Major blow for Brazil with Neymar out of the World Cup. And with Thiago Silvo having to sit out against Germany, the odds of them winning are reduced by at least 50% IMO. These players have that much impact on this team. And why has Fred even been starting in these games?

It's basically the same team AND coach. My guess is that they were simply nervous in previous games, coupled with different tactical schemes proposed by the coach, that clearly didn't work.
There's one thing that never changes with every WC: the refereering is always sub-par. This one's no exception.
As for Fred, he's part of the tactical scheme. He's supposed to sit there in the box, and have 2 or 3 players drawn to him, opening up space for the players coming from the back, like Neymar, Oscar, Hulk, or, in the case of a cross, to one of the defenders, like on the 1st goal yesterday. He's sacrificing himself by not scoring (and not seeking to score), but he's helping the other players get more space. It's a valid tactic, but sometimes a change is beneficial. Like yesterday.
Once Brazil was 2-0 up, the coach should've sacked Thiago Silva and Neymar, moving the team even further towards Colombia's box. Brazil could've done at least 1 or 2 more goals that way, by changing the scheme on an already dead team. But no, stubborn Felipão did nothing, sit there and watched the best player be knocked out, while the rest of the team just lost pace, and allowed Colombia to start playing again. If the game had 10 more minutes, Brazil would've suffered the tie, no doubt.

alexandre

Thanks Mike! I'm wearing my colours. Damn I love this game! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing