Yamamura RIP

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
It was sad to hear this week of his passing; I did not know Be but my 2 friends did know him well and often reminisce about his crazy exploits while in London. They were both saddened to hear this too..:(

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I remember i meet Yamamura around 2000/2004 years in Milan Show and told me Acrolink push him to develop the market in Italy and find one distributor.I asked him what he thinks about Acrolink cable.
He reply are terrible because Acrolink are no good to do cable.He explained to Acrolink how to do cables,but they didn't understood.

This is first turntable he did with platter completely on air and arm in graphite high density with Pantograph design,like KL Audio is doing now,
and the first system he did in Italy,did for me with tube mono preamp with 2 external power supply and 4 stack mono amp,push pull of 845
Speaker made with top Lowter driver in Alnico and super tweeter TAD 703 modified from him.
The sub was a very heavy cylinder high 2 mt,2 people cannot move with 2 woofer on top.
Passive crossover cut at 100 hz he made

Impossible find a better system in that years.

This 2 photo Ken Kessler made in my home,he come from England to my home to listen this system and put on HIFI NEWS on 1992

RIP For Master Yamamura!

I wonder how His turntable did sound...?

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
Gian, Reading your heartfelt words makes us all realize how much losing your friend means to you.
May your wonderful memories of him live on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing