YG introduces the InVincible, 21" all-aluminum 6000W sub!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
If you look at all of YG Acoustics's designs, I don't see much of anything straying from the target of a niche within an already small niche. I would give credit for a more unique solution than we often see in such solutions. Of course I'm always amused when I hear behind the scenes that some show favorites sometimes sell less than a handful of units, while I've been shocked at quantities of other products with what might at first blush seem like brazen pricing. Of course once you get into the realm of such exotic material, manufacturing, and methods, little details do very quickly ratchet up the cost. While of course you have to stop somewhere, the higher the price climbs the more it makes sense to pull out all the stops. The question comes back to balance in valuing the craftsmanship, design, and artistic details vs the acoustic performance.
I have no issue with anyone making whatever they want. I did hear this system in Munich and I think they did a great job in the same room that was not great the year before. My point is there is an extremely small market for a product like this. I wish them the best success with it an just as a point the company I import makes amazing very high priced subs and I did not bring them into the US. The reason is simple I don't believe its a good financial choice. Thats it!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Kinda big :) IMG_1286.jpeg

Reactions: Ron Resnick

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yikes...it really is. When you see it in context...alongside equipment you've seen a lot, those paper dimensions really come to life. B-I-G. Particularly if you are thinking of 'just tucking it in the corner for some extra bass'.

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
Yikes...it really is. When you see it in context...alongside equipment you've seen a lot, those paper dimensions really come to life. B-I-G. Particularly if you are thinking of 'just tucking it in the corner for some extra bass'.
Well I see only one! Was thinking about a 'swarm' install but maybe should run it by wife first before putting mortgage on home :0

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Well, you can absolutely do that :D
The bottom can be ordered with the drivers facing down as well, like this... So just spread 4 of those round the room and voilà!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing