Z:Axis Audio Reference I2S Cable

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Can also attest the effectiveness of the digital cable.

Having experimented with a small number of digital coax cables I'd drawn the conclusion that there was little benefit moving from modest to fairly extreme. My digital had a slightly dark, heavy character that I attributed to the Marantz house sound. Sounded more than adequate with a noticeable character next to analogue.

Introducing Paul's SL-D coax made a substantial difference, the sound opened out and largely lost the dark, heavy character, far more natural sounding. Colour me surprised, I bought one.

If the other digital cables share this quality and reports suggest they do then well worth investigating
Great news! Nice to know another Z:Axis owner, particularly their digital SL-D.

Reactions: defride and Uk Paul

nortberg

Nov 25, 2018
Have had the SL-D usb cable in my system for nearly three weeks and have to say it is head and shoulders above any other usb cable I have owned, and the most expensive. That being said I find it worth every penny for the improvements gained. Real heft and texture to the lows, gorgeous open mids, highs sparkle. Each sound has an energy that I haven't heard before along with layering and the increased depth of stage are stand out points.

Paul only sent the SL-D and a set of his B42 interconnects to compare with my current cables as I have bought from him previously and ended up buying the lot. Majorly impressed, didn't expect such a system boost especially from a usb cable!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! Enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing