2014 CES and T.H.E. Show: High Value Cables and Power Products

Is there something going on in those tubes or are they just some kind of shield? What's the purpose of the pc boards behind the outlets?

Is there something going on in those tubes or are they just some kind of shield? What's the purpose of the pc boards behind the outlets?

Those are the Notice Isolation Chambers

Those are the Notice Isolation Chambers

Steve,

As far as I have read the big cylinders are the Noise Isolation Chambers. The PCBs are probably the multiphase differential array (MPDA) parallel microfilters.

Last edited:
What does NIC actually mean? Is it keeping noise in or out? What kind of noise are we talking about here?

Here you go David...but as a user I can tell you that it has transformed my system beyond my wildest expectations

http://shunyata.com/index.php/reviews-all/66-review-testimonials/38-audio-beat-march-2013

http://shunyata.com/images/review_pdfs/Triton_Typhon.pdf

Thanks Steve. I read your comments earlier and that's why it peaked my curiosity. The linked review doesn't really say anything of value and from what I see in the above picture he got some of his technical descriptions wrong too. The only thing I can take away from that article is that the Hydra is just a passive filter and that there's some kind of compound in those tubes. But it doesn't say wether the conductors are passing through this material or is placed inline somewhere. Maybe Shunyata people can chime in on this.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing