2022 Academy Award Nominations

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is Moonfall nominated? I loved it, so realistic and deep, I really believed in Halle Berry. Deserves to win Best Picture.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
West Side Story was very well shot and choreographed but honestly Tony didn’t do it for me. Anita was great.

My fiancé, who has never seen the play or original, found it depressing. She loves musicals too.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
We saw it last night. I thought it was good but TBH we preferred the original
Yes, felt the same - need to rewatch the original and compare.

The movies we've enjoyed the most are Belfast, CODA, and King Richard. Loved Dune as well but that's not an academy type film in 2022. We didn't like any of the Netflix movies - Power of the Dog, Lost Daughter, or Don't Look Up. The latter was the worst movie of the year for me.

We still need to see Gucci and Licorice Pizza.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
"Tender Bar" with Ben Affleck was amazing! A brilliant family drama taking place on Long Island created for Debbie and me more than its share of smiles. Christopher Lloyd offers a well-played supporting role as the grandfather. If you are in the mood for an uplifting, well-crafted Oscar-worthy film TB is highly recommended!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We’ve seen all the nominees. I wish I had strong feelings about any of them. I don’t. I thought King Richard and Belfast were just OK
The only thing good about Power of the dog was the ending and that was predictable.
Nightmare Alley had a trick ending ( and it’s not Bradley’s dick)that also was predictable. :oops:
This is the first year that I can remember that I don’t have any feelings about any of the nominated films. I just don’t care who wins.

Reactions: carl13 and KeithR

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Apology to the group. I thought Tender Bar was nominated and it is not. Do see it anyway, especially since there does not seem to be much enthusiasm for this year's films. Was not a huge fan of Belfast or Coda.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Now seen every nominated film. West Side Story and Drive My Car are co-favorites with CODA close behind. Unfortunately, the best film of 2021 wasn't nominated....Nine Days.

Reactions: KeithR

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing