50Ft distance between audio source & amplifiers…help

Jcuria

Aug 9, 2024
Lynchburg Virginia
My audio source is Apple lossless on PC and currently connect to my mixer/amplifiers via the headphone jack & 30ft 3.5mm to RCA plugs cable (yuck). Would rather keep the signal in digital format from PC and connect to quality DAC converter located at the mixer/amp rack. Ultimately I’m driving multiple JBL SRX-series professional loudspeakers. The key problem is the DAC will be 30 - 50 ft away from the PC. Bluetooth may not deliver the audio quality I want.

My audio source is Apple lossless on PC and currently connect to my mixer/amplifiers via the headphone jack & 30ft 3.5mm to RCA plugs cable (yuck). Would rather keep the signal in digital format from PC and connect to quality DAC converter located at the mixer/amp rack. Ultimately I’m driving multiple JBL SRX-series professional loudspeakers. The key problem is the DAC will be 30 - 50 ft away from the PC. Bluetooth may not deliver the audio quality I want.
I've tried may inexpensive and expensive Ethernet cables.

My favorite by far among the reasonably priced ones are the Blue Jeans available on Amazon.

I also suggest putting an inexpensive D-link switch at the end of the run just before your DAC. I experimented with 16 different inexpensive switches and found the ~$30 8 port D-links to sound the best. It will help clean up from that 50' run.

The best thing about it is if you buy from Amazon and it doesn't make a difference to your ear you can easily return it.

Good luck!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing