Status
Not open for further replies.
@PeterA Moderators gave warnings, yet you want to continue this in direct violation of those warnings?! You just blatantly ignored a moderator's request and you KNOW I can't reply. If you want to get banned that's your choice, I won't be dragged down by the Natural Sound folks again. Referring to me in the 3rd person is just icing on the cake, lol.

I've been told more than once or twice by actual wire producers (not the ones that sell it, but the ones that actually make it) that '6 nines' copper is mythological. Put plainly it does not exist and is entirely, 100%, marketing.

That is the harsh truth. I didn't like it when I heard this too (I spent a good deal of money on that too). So it would be unsurprising that there's no audible difference, on account of the wire that is honestly 0.99 pure as opposed to the one marketed as 0.999999 pure are are the same thing.

FWIW dept.: 'oxygen free copper' wire (0.99%) was developed for generators, not audio. Its more flexible so holds up better for the brushes.

There's an actual PATENT on the UPOCC process. It's not made the same way regular wire is made. You have no clue what you're talking about, and neither do the "actual wire producers" because it's a different process. FWIW, some of it is done in an inert gas atmosphere, which is the issue here and if this wasn't the case you'd be correct, but as usual, you're here spreading more misinformation.

Also, purity is only part of it, the other part is lack of grain boundaries.

UPOCC metals have several % better conductivity vs conventional manufacturing. That's a MASSIVE measurable difference and does result in objective and subjective improvements in sound quality.

BTW, I am an engineer who has specialized in manufacturing, I might actually know way more than you do on this particular subject...

Last edited:
@PeterA Moderators gave warnings, yet you want to continue this in direct violation of those warnings?! You just blatantly ignored a moderator's request and you KNOW I can't reply. If you want to get banned that's your choice, I won't be dragged down by the Natural Sound folks again. Referring to me in the 3rd person is just icing on the cake, lol.

Yes, Tom issued a warning for the personal attacks to stop. The denigration and belittling of a group of fellow members is against the TOS. Critique the content of the post, not the poster.

Yes, Tom issued a warning for the personal attacks to stop. The denigration and belittling of a group of fellow members is against the TOS. Critique the content of the post, not the poster.

Not just that, also dirty laundry. You're attempting to continue discussion of such dirty laundry and I won't/can't reply or participate as mods have asked it to stop. So... how about stopping, as requested?

I mean, you've made 3 posts that have done nothing to contribute to the topic of this thread. They're all about me and the topics mods asked you to stop discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu