A dream came true - R2R.

Hi Adrian, I really see no difference in difficulty. All my previous ones had passive networks, but I just modified the Marantz 7 with a feedback network, and it was just as easy. I just did it for an educational Youtube video, not expecting any miracle but the result exceeded my expectations.

If one knows what he is doing, he can put together a very, very, very good head pream for just $250 in parts.
Agreed. Or buy a second hand phono pre (such as yours, or a new one !) to modify. I have not tried modifying active RIAA set ups, but I guess it just takes some experimentation to get an accurate response. A Marantz 7 would be quite intriguing.... How does it sound ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu