A Man Called Otto

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Ive always been a huge Tom Hanks fan yet for some reason the trailers didn't really grab me. My wife read the book and dragged me with to see the movie. Walking out, I thanked her for shlepping me along. This is yet another Tom Hanks at his very finest as he has been nominated in most of the major film awards so far for his portrayal.Rated at 97% on Rotten Tomatoes although critic awards have been a bit less flattering

Very enjoyable for a matinee running at 2 hours and 7 minutes and classified as a comedic drama

One most noted thing was Tom Hanks seems to have shed a lot of weight . I haven't seen him this thin since his role in Philadelphia

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am a Tom Hanks fan too, but he hasn't made good movies for a while. Will try this out. Recently in an interview he said he thinks he has made 2 or 3 great movies, or something like that. I guess Big, Forrest Gump.

Last edited:

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Before we can see the film with Tom Hanks may I recommend the former version? One of my favourite Scandinavian movies

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am a Tom Hans fan too, but he hasn't made good movies for a while. Will try this out. Recently in an interview he said he thinks he has made 2 or 3 great movies, or something like that. I guess Big, Forrest Gump.
Splash
Philadelphia
'Forrest Gump
Private Ryan
quickly come to mind

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Splash
Philadelphia
'Forrest Gump
Private Ryan
quickly come to mind

Splash and Philadeplhia are good, Private Ryan is one of the worst movies of the 90s.

• Sad
Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing