Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: pcosta and Bobvin

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Reckon you should sort out Mik's first.

You might need a small crane, though;)
How long is the room where you have you beautiful system set up ? Is there simultaneously use of the living room space and the listener room ?

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
How long is the room where you have you beautiful system set up ? Is there simultaneously use of the living room space and the listener room ?

The out house contains a 35 by 14 foot room which includes a kitchenette and another room as a bathroom, plus a hall.

The shots of the sea view are actually in a separate two storey building that is much larger.

Sorry to mislead earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
The out house contains a 35 by 14 foot room which includes a kitchenette and another room as a bathroom, plus a hall.

The shots of the sea view are actually in a separate two storey building that is much larger.

Sorry to mislead earlier.

It was built by these guys: https://www.moonarchitectandbuilder.co.uk/
Ok i thought the curtains to the right in the listening room opened up into the larger living room area, that would have given you some nice dimensions to work with, i personally knock down brick walls if it gets me a larger listening room.:rolleyes:

Reactions: bonzo75

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Ok i thought the curtains to the right in the listening room opened up into the larger living room area, that would have given you some nice dimensions to work with, i personally knock down brick walls if it gets me a larger listening room.:rolleyes:

The lounge is much bigger than you can see in the shots. It's about 60 ft long and about 30 wide though it get both wider and narrower. The ceiling height also varies and rises to a skylight at 15 ft. It's impressive. But not by Beverly Hills standards LOL.

If we didn't have the out house and I wasn't married I would get some Apogee Full Range built to a custom spec. With your speakers I concur. You need space!

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
No more posts on my place please we have go way off track. Mods feel free to delete them all.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Into the sea with you, Justin Lol.

montesquieu

Jan 27, 2019
I think I know where you are now Justin, actually not too far from where I used to live before the wife got a job near London. Was great living near the beach when the kids were small. (24 and 22 now - time flies). Will grab you offline about the 211s.

Reactions: Zero000
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
Absolutely right. On the latter, I was very surprised how strong that motor is. It yanks the platter to speed in a couple of seconds. One of those motors where your finger gets smashed out the way. For measurement people I was super excited to adjust the speed and hit 33.33 +/-0.00% on the RPM app. My latest combined w/f last night with some tweaking was 0.10 again with RPM. These are stupendous measurements actually when you look at RPM wold rankings.
you should consider getting the 6C33 Mig reg tube psu...

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
what about contacting Tommy to either build you one or get the schematic. or if Mik or anyone else has it, copy it...

If I can find the schematic, I would happily build it for sure. I don’t think Mik has it - will ask him.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
but thought you said something about different motor?

Motor seems to have changed over the years. If I search back through time I can see lots of iterations. Latest is a 12 pole high inertia dc motor with 3 Hall sensors and an encoder. Scant info exists on net about all the versions in history tbh.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Motor seems to have changed over the years. If I search back through time I can see lots of iterations. Latest is a 12 pole high inertia dc motor with 3 Hall sensors and an encoder. Scant info exists on net about all the versions in history tbh.
Bill, do you know how many Watts the motor is consuming when operating ?

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing