Advice in buying a Studer A80

audioguy1958

Feb 8, 2015
6000 euros? I think that is a dirt cheap price, especially if it has been correctly restored.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
And good restored , you know there are all kinds of qualities regarding the craftmanship , I bought an extra B 62 it plays excellent .
Incl graph of the calibration 20200228_212823.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
How can it even be that inexpensive?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I just got an email that my other studer B 62 VU is fully restored as well .
This one is adjusted for SM 911.
SM 911 is the modern version of the old spr 50 LH Basf piano tapes i have from the 70 s .
The telefunken M 15 A is also compltely restored and calibrated on SM 468 .
If you visit their workshop /repair shop and you see some A 80 s in parts you get a good feeling of the works as im a technician myself .
I also bought 11 pretty special mastertapes .
Only problem is i cannot cross the border to pick them up

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
If you get the chance to visit ron you should , its in hannover germany.
I think he has many contacts also in the recording bizz.
Remember 15 years ago these machines especially if not playing welll , went for next to nothing on the net .
If you are in the bizz a long time and you buy cheap and know what to do you can still make a nice profit .

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing