Airwaves Records On-line Record Store

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I had been searching for a first pressing copy of Black Sabbath's Paranoid album. After emailing with several people on Discogs and eBay, I decided to purchase an album from Chad of Airwaves Records in Los Angeles.

Chad at the present is a relatively small vinyl dealer, but he is very nice and knowledgeable and his business is growing. He worked for many years at a record shop.

Check out his store!

Reactions: Audire

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I can imagine that wasn't inexpensive.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think Chad came up with a fair price.

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks for the kind words Ron, and thanks for enlightening me on this site, the forum, and this community.

Hello everyone!

As Ron thoughtfully noted, Airwaves is a small (but growing) vinyl outlet based out of Southern California. Currently only web based, it is a labor of love that was spawned from a passion of music, pandemic enlightenment, and personal corporate fatigue.

To expand upon the final note, as Ron mentioned I did indeed run an independent record store for many years before moving onto a career in film and television. But the enthusiasm for this work waned overtime and the gravitational pull of music in its physical format brought me to starting Airwaves and doing what makes me happy.

We will be adding new (and or used) products daily. Currently I am a one-man operation so processing stock will take time (I have close to 50K pre-owned stock of records (LP's 12" and 7"), tapes, and CDs). I also work very closely with a friend that owns a record label and distribution for new product. If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to supply a database of available new titles.

For all of you who have read to this point, I thank you. I look forward to any feedback, thoughts, or questions!

Thanks again!
-CHAD-

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Welcome! Do you curate towards a specialty?

Dec 8, 2021
Welcome! Do you curate towards a specialty?
Thanks - glad to be here!

Like my own personal tastes, Airwaves will run across multiple genres including (but not limited to) Rock, Soul, Electronic / Dance, Jazz, Blues, Hip-Hop, Reggae. While i do carry Country and Classical, my knowledge on these two is limited.

Thanks again for the greeting, let me know if you are looking for anything or have any additional questions.

I should have mentioned in my introduction that I also buy records/collections if anyone is thinning out.

Many thanks,
-CHAD-

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing