America Shuts Down!

Mark, you are disrupting. ...You should delete your own post if you have any common sense. ...You do that and I'll follow you.

Yes, a picture ID with a matching code number (password) is important because you could be anyone and many ones... in the other's eyes.
- Even in Canada I have difficulty in voting because my driver's licence has expired a long time ago, and same for my passport.
And my birthday certificate is without a picture. ...My Social Insurance number? ...It's just that; a #.

*** What would happen if the elections were during a government's shutdown?

Bob - That's incorrect. All you need is 2 pieces of identification that has your name and address, such as a Utility Bill, lease/home ownership documentation, bank/credit card statement, etc. A photo ID is NOT required, but preferable.

Also, if you aren't registered as a voter, you can do so online.

Bob - That's incorrect. All you need is 2 pieces of identification that has your name and address, such as a Utility Bill, lease/home ownership documentation, bank/credit card statement, etc. A photo ID is NOT required, but preferable.

Also, if you aren't registered as a voter, you can do so online.

Yes John, I voted in the last most recent BC elections (Liberals won), and I had my Social Insurance Number, my BC Medical Care Card, my BC Hydro electrical bill, and my telephone bill as well.
But! Because I moved in the last two years, the addresses were not matching from my records. ...I also voted three years ago or so+ (Federal elections).

It was very complicated for the two ladies assisting me on voting in my own district, and it took almost an hour plus a lot of frustration from the people behind me and waiting to vote too. ...Up to the point of having a heated argument with nasty words exchanges! ...A lady behind me lost her patience (control).

In Canada, at the last federal elections (Conservatives won), there is still an ongoing investigation on that Robocall thing (scandal)! ...Remember that John?
Yes, some conservative representatives were/are behind this fraud (illegal and deceptive activity).

The Liberals aren't any better. ...NDP?

So, true, we don't necessarily need a picture (even if it is preferable), but without one things can get real complicated.
...And I didn't even tell you about my voting experience in the last federal elections!
And we live in Canada! ...And right besides the United States of America!

Can you imagine living in Colombia, or Brazil, or Argentina, or Peru, or Panama!
...And I'm not even going out outside of our own continent!

Looking at America, and the US government's shutdown, I cannot eclipse our own political issues in our own country.

Last edited:
Tim-It's Saturday and everyone seems to get feisty on Saturdays anymore. So put on your asbestos under-britches and get ready to tough it out.

Why should he? His posts exhibit more common sense than any others I've read here.

Why should he? His posts exhibit more common sense than any others I've read here.

Thanks rbbert, but it's ok. I find the politics to actually be a lot more civil than the audio sometimes. :)

Tim

1379687_10201613867161432_1753144033_n.jpg

The Healthcare wouldn't exactly be free (taxation).

Yeah, it's a long road from Junior Senator to POTUS. I expect one learns a few things along the way. In any case, that's next week. Right now we're deciding whether or not we're going to pay the bills. I'll grant you, they're related. Much more related than the existing healthcare law is to either on of those things.

Tim

Politician oppose or support all sorts of things when they know their "position" does not have a chance in hell to become the actual decision, so their position can go "on the record". Sometimes it backfires - like here with Obama. It is called posturing.

I think our fine Tea Party patriots are different, and dead serious in their intent to create massive economic destruction. In addition to the obvious desire to destroy the Obama presidency, I think part of their motivation (never discussed!) is deeply rooted xenophobia, and a desire to teach the Chinese (and other US creditors) how to say uncle by stopping to pay them interest.

America did not shut down. Just those idiots in congress.No party distinction is necessary. You know what is amusing ? They actually think they are scoring points by appearing on C-SPAN.

Obama 37% approval. Maybe people are starting to figure out the arrogant one.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=230635128

This is not about Obama - with Hillary as prez, things would be the same. This is about toxic politics, and a nation that was once more or less functioning democracy, rapidly degenerating into a banana republic.

Your post underscores the point - the issue is not how do we get stuff done, but how many people like Obama, and who comes out looking like a winner/loser when the shithouse goes up in flames.

This is not about Obama - with Hillary as prez, things would be the same. This is about toxic politics, and a nation that was once more or less functioning democracy, rapidly degenerating into a banana republic.

Your post underscores the point - the issue is not how do we get stuff done, but how many people like Obama, and who comes out looking like a winner/loser when the shithouse goes up in flames.

And Obama is completely blameless for his lack of leadership with congress, failure to pass a budget, since he won't negotiate since 2009 ? Obama campaigned with division style politics. He still is dividing every time he speaks. That is how civil wars start. I will include you in the 37% that approve. ;)

There is a difference between negotiation, capitulation and concession. Obamacare as it it incorrectlty referred to has servived Supreme Court challenge and election cycles. Time to move on.

There is a difference between negotiation, capitulation and concession. Obamacare as it it incorrectlty referred to has servived Supreme Court challenge and election cycles. Time to move on.
Even more interesting, when polls ask for man-on-the-street approval of "Obamacare" it's not so good, whereas support for the "Affordable Care Act" is high. As yet, the Republican Party has proposed no new health care legislation or even modifications to existing law (which it could easily do without repealing the PCACA).

And Obama is completely blameless for his lack of leadership with congress, failure to pass a budget, since he won't negotiate since 2009 ? Obama campaigned with division style politics. He still is dividing every time he speaks. That is how civil wars start. I will include you in the 37% that approve. ;)

Thankfully, we now have the Tea Party trying to reunite the nation in all their post Obama enlightenment. Let's start a civil war because we don't like Obamacare, and the leadership style of our community organizer in chief. Get out the AK-47s and dust off those confederate flags - yaahhoooo!

Thankfully, we now have the Tea Party trying to reunite the nation in all their post Obama enlightenment. Let's start a civil war because we don't like Obamacare, and the leadership style of our community organizer in chief. Get out the AK-47s and dust off those confederate flags - yaahhoooo!

I believe the last GOP healthcare initiative was the Medicare Prescription Drug act; The largest entitlement program in decades and one that specifically requires that Medicare, probably the largest most powerful group negotiating power in the healthcare world, pay full retail to American pharma companies. No negotiation allowed. Think about that one for, oh, Idunno, half a second. Why? Think again.

I gotcher fiscal responsibility right here.

Don't get me wrong. The Dems are plenty corrupt and I see it. But if I'm choosing the lesser of two evils, they're it and have been for awhile. I'll take arrogance, even hubris over fund-raising with grandma's medicine money. And Obamacare? It is a dog's breakfast of a bill because it is riddled with crap concessions, and all the GOP has proposed is more of them, that will make it worse. They haven't come up with a single idea to make it a better program for the American people and they never will because their greatest fear is that it will succeed.

Tim

I believe the last GOP healthcare initiative was the Medicare Prescription Drug act; The largest entitlement program in decades and one that specifically requires that Medicare, probably the largest most powerful group negotiating power in the healthcare world, pay full retail to American pharma companies. No negotiation allowed. Think about that one for, oh, Idunno, half a second. Why? Think again.

I gotcher fiscal responsibility right here.

Don't get me wrong. The Dems are plenty corrupt and I see it. But if I'm choosing the lesser of two evils, they're it and have been for awhile.

Tim

I feel genuinely sorry for the armies of reasonable conservatives (this is NOT an oxymoron) that have absolutely nowhere to go because their party is being taken over by a mob of angry pitch fork wielding nutcases. Never has there be a more urgent need for a third party reclaiming the political middle ground.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing