Amps with best synergy with MSB Dac

shpritz

Sep 20, 2015
I know MSB amps have the best synergy connected directly to their DACs. I was wondering if there were any other good suggestions. I currently have a Reference stack with Digital Director running directly to a pair of McIntosh 1.25 KW monoblocks. Not sure McIntosh has the best synergy. Can’t audition the MSB amps in my city and can’t afford them at this time after purchasing the REF DAC and DD. My speakers are PMC Fenestria. Any recommendation or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My room is a dedicated listening room but on the smaller side 11.5’ x 14’. Thanks in advance.

I know MSB amps have the best synergy connected directly to their DACs. I was wondering if there were any other good suggestions. I currently have a Reference stack with Digital Director running directly to a pair of McIntosh 1.25 KW monoblocks. Not sure McIntosh has the best synergy. Can’t audition the MSB amps in my city and can’t afford them at this time after purchasing the REF DAC and DD. My speakers are PMC Fenestria. Any recommendation or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My room is a dedicated listening room but on the smaller side 11.5’ x 14’. Thanks in advance.
From my minimal experience:

Amps Between $20k and $30k range:
1. Vitus

Amps Between $10k and $20k range:
1. Mcintosh

Amps Between $1k and $10k range:
1. Benchmark AHB2
2. Rega

The MSB DAC's gives you a lot of freedom to choose the power amp of your choice.

What's your experience with the current setup partnered with the McIntosh power amps?

PMC needs solid power for proper control and dynamics, which your current amps already provide. They're on the fuller, richer side of the spectrum though which needs to be considered in relation to the potential alternatives.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

I integrated PILIUM set with MSB,
found the results between the two companies are: liquid, natural, dynamic, smooth and very clear.

Reactions: Hyperion
Reactions: itay123
Seems to be the case with McIntosh gear as well. Tonight I hooked up my c12000 preamp and connected the MSB Stack thru the preamp instead of direct. Enjoyed the sound more. Will compare it in and out over the weekend. I thought it would sound better using the preamp in the MSB connected directly to the amps. Something was missing. It seems better with the McIntosh Preamp back in the system??? Weird.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing