Analog Relax EX2000

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas

For the body of the pickup, spruce wood from the northern Italian region of South Tyrol is used, which is known for using the wood to make legendary violins, including the famous “Stradivari” The wood is carefully selected and carved to perfection.

In addition, the surface of the pickup body is coated with an extremely fine “powder coating”. This coating not only improves the organic resonance of the pickup but also provides a more intense listening experience.

The “EX2000” represents the culmination of Analog Relax’s commitment to unparalleled audio quality, and we look forward to audiophiles and music enthusiasts experiencing its remarkable capabilities. “Do not miss the opportunity to discover this extraordinary addition to the world of audio technology!”

Specification

• Product Name and Model Number: Analog Relax EX2000 Cartridge AR-MCC-EX2000
  • Type: MC-Type Cartridge
  • Output Voltage: 0.4mV (1kHz)
  • Internal Impedance: 8?
  • Stylus: SC Stylus Ver.3 (Solid Diamond)
  • Cantilever: Solid Diamond (0.4mm Diameter)
  • Coil Wire Material: High Purity 6N Copper
  • Body: Northern Italian Spruce (Tone Wood) with Powder Coating Finish
  • Magnet: Multi-Neodymium Magnet
  • Weight: Approximately 9.0g

Reactions: amadeus

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas

I can’t get the translator to cooperate

But from their annual awards page:
”A cartridge that costs 99,000 PLN? That's pure madness! And yet... The Analog Relax EX-2000 is a top cartridge that goes a step further than the company's other (less) expensive models. It offers an even better resolution, differentiation, richness and fullness of the sound, extraordinary internal energy, brilliant coherence, smoothness, fluidity and naturalness of sound, and a so incredibly high, intense level of experience that it left it me speechless as I found it really difficult to put into words what I heard while listening to it. So please, don't believe my, imperfect, insufficient words, but rather try to listen to it in a well-composed, top-notch system! I can't imagine that you can regret such, unique experience.”

He has a J. Sikora Max and the Kevlar arm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: XV-1

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Analog Relax products used to be a lot cheaper in Japan before they started selling them abroad. If you go to Japan, you can get the same cartridges for much less, although they might have a different name. The ones sold overseas are more expensive to make sure the distributors and dealers make a good profit.
These cartridges are known for their vibrant colours and great sound. They add a nice, colourful touch to the music and sound good.

They are not as Dynamic as a few others carts in a similar price range, so it comes down to the main type of music you listen too.

Reactions: Argonaut and mtemur

Lynnot

Dec 30, 2022
Tremonia
No Urishi painted beechwood version available?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing