Another Apogee thread? You bet!

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The one thing hi-fi should tell you, if you really enjoy it, is to buy real instruments and learn how to play them.

No reproduction issues involved for acoustic instruments. Apart from better sounding instruments, of course.

Same problem, different thread.

There is no escape;)

Soothsayer

Feb 6, 2022
Do you recall in your visit if he mentioned the crossover point for the Maggie Ribbon Tweeter? The Maggie Ribbon Tweeters are crossed over ( I believe) at 3 K in their designs ( 20.7, 3.7i), however if pushed hard they frequently will blow fuses, or the actual Ribbon will just fail.
Since the Analysis Ribbon is used as a “filler”, and their tweeter isn’t to bad on its own, I would guess he could get away with a much higher crossover point. This would allow the “System“ to play much louder, and stress free and eliminate the fuse/Ribbon section used with the Maggie Ribbons from failing.
I don’t recall what he said. He did tell me, but I forgot. The system could play very loud and very clear. So many tweaks in that system I couldn’t keep track.

Soothsayer

Feb 6, 2022
I’m still breaking in my TSW Duetta Ultimates, but my impression so far is WOW . I can see why so many audiophiles have a memorable Apogee experience to convey. These speakers are shocking in their authority and presence. They fill in the frequency gaps left vacant by the Stages. They seem to defy physics in their ability to reproduce thunderous bass. It is downright startling. My Scintillas were lovely, but didn’t pack the punch that the Duetta Ultimates pack.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I’m still breaking in my TSW Duetta Ultimates, but my impression so far is . I can see why so many audiophiles have a memorable Apogee experience to convey. These speakers are shocking in their authority and presence. They fill in the frequency gaps left vacant by the Stages. They seem to defy physics in their ability to reproduce thunderous bass. It is downright startling. My Scintillas were lovely, but didn’t pack the punch that the Duetta Ultimates pack.
Apogees can absolutely be utterly awe-inspiring :cool:

I really would like to have a pair of FullRanges one time but they are huuuuge, extremely heavy and dauntingly complex to be driven properly :eek:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Apogees can absolutely be utterly awe-inspiring :cool:

I really would like to have a pair of FullRanges one time but they are huuuuge, extremely heavy and dauntingly complex to be driven properly :eek:
Never stopped you before ;)

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Never stopped you before ;)
The FullRanges are another step more complicated than anything I have/had before.

I would say the FRs are triple the effort and at least four times the complexity over the Scinnies :eek:

Reactions: cjfrbw and morricab

invalid

Sep 13, 2022
Thanks.

Everyone's experience is different, but I never did like classical anyway, and as I said they will sound great with great recordings no matter what the genre.

Alan, what you can't appreciate because you never knew the difference is those bass clamps you have.

You are very lucky. Trust me. That upgrade was massive.

Gruvytune

Nov 26, 2022
Hi everyone. I have a pair of Duettas ultimates built by TSW. built a few years ago and have at most 100 hrs on them.
Unfortunately I'm selling and downsizing my system.
If you were considering buying a pair you can save several thousand if you'd like mine. I'm not giving them away.
Message me if truly interested.
Also selling a pair of Classe Omega Monoblocks (not Omicron)
And a CAT SL1 Legend Black Path (most recent before the latest extremes)

Thx

Attachments

• 528642F5-4EE5-439A-8333-B1DC0C0E2EC8.jpeg
    528642F5-4EE5-439A-8333-B1DC0C0E2EC8.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 7FE74FFD-D52D-4029-BECD-79677FE9BC19.jpeg
    7FE74FFD-D52D-4029-BECD-79677FE9BC19.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 16
  • F91F1694-FE0C-40C5-A112-1700EE8E4968.jpeg
    F91F1694-FE0C-40C5-A112-1700EE8E4968.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing