Another Industry's Expert Idea of What a Gym Should Contain

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

One of the nicest training facilities esp. after the move. What AP did was set a standard for not just training but providing proper nutrition, rehab (if needed), restorative therapy, etc. The woman who heads their nutrition staff is top notch. A good friend of mine has attended several of their weeklong training courses.
There are now several such facilities in the country now like AP, most notably Pete Bommaritos place in Fl where he trains over 60 (my last count) NFL players.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Man, I had no idea there were so many gadgets when it came to lifting weight! I thought you just go to the woods and lift some logs. :D

Myles, can you please in simple words explain the benefits of using weights vs exercise machines? I read the other thread but it would be good to get a refresher. I am specifically interested in how to avoid injury. Looking at some of the items/pictures in the article, it seems that one can still injure himself here.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Man, I had no idea there were so many gadgets when it came to lifting weight! I thought you just go to the woods and lift some logs. :D

Myles, can you please in simple words explain the benefits of using weights vs exercise machines? I read the other thread but it would be good to get a refresher. I am specifically interested in how to avoid injury. Looking at some of the items/pictures in the article, it seems that one can still injure himself here.

Fitness, it would seem, is like audio; there are many gadgets, numerous shiny objects, and a few of them actually add value. But not much. I lost 40 lbs, gained significant muscle, dropped my blood pressure etc., etc., with a stationary bike, an incline bench and pairs of dumbells from 5 to 75 lbs. But if it takes a gym membership or a roomful of machines to get motivated, it's probably a good investment. I'd say the most important thing is to make it a part of your lifestyle, not a project. It's real easy to lose all the ground gained. I need to do it again.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing