Any Audionet PRE G2 And Max Monoblock Amps Owner Here

Audiojem

Jan 13, 2019
Looking for owners response on these two Audionet products.
My concerns are Reliability, Importer/Dealer Service and Support, do you need to use them together or can you use different brand pre amp with Max's with great results or must be paired together for brand synergy?
I also read read you should not run them balanced?
Lots of great reviews just wanted to here owners thoughts.
Thanks
AJ

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Yes

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I own audionet gear. Have had zero issues. I had the pre g2 for 6 months and then bought the Stern. I had the max amps and recently got a gryphon mephisto. If you are looking for an open, dynamic, spacious sound then it is hard to beat the audionet pre.

dealer support is great. I bought from scott at suprahifi. Never an issue.

i ran the max balanced as that is the cable i had. However, it is 6 dB louder with single ended (backwards compared to other gear)

if you dont mind used gear my Max amps are still available. Used for 2 years in great shape.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I owned a pair of MAX and now have Stern / Heisenberg. I also had the G2 on home demo for a while. I think Audionet gear is very good, but until you get to Stern / Heisenberg level, it definitely leans to the solid-state side of things - fast, slightly lean, no harmonic bloom, etc.

There is some synergy with pre/power, but there is also some system benefits from going elsewhere. For example, I used the MAX for a while with a valve pre to good effect. I use RCA connectors FWIW.

Reactions: analyzer

Audiojem

Jan 13, 2019
Stern / Heisenberg way out of my pay scale!
Any Max Owners who have used with other pre amps with great results?
Not sure if many Audionet owners out there period.
Thanks
AJ

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
The other pre-amp I used with the MAX amps was the Simaudio 740P. It is a great preamp at its price point. But not as good as the Pre G2. Of course the Pre G2 is 2X the price.

There are plenty of AudioNet owners. Just not many on WBF. Bill parish sells a lot of it. It is also a bigger brand in Europe than the US. The components are hand made in Germany. I am sure you have done some research into AudioNet. They are the company that made the active crossover for the B&W Nautilus. They also have some patented technology for super linear op amps made form discrete components.

Have you considered the Watt or the Humboldt? Not sure if you have any interest in integrated amps. The Humboldt would enable you to approach the Stern/Heisenberg level for less than the cost of the PreG2/Max combo.

As you pointed out there are lots of great reviews on their gear. I don't know where you are located but hopefully you could go somewhere for a demo.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I recently bought the Max amps and am using a Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp with what I believe yields very good results. The Max amps are dynamic, spacious yet provide pinpoint spacial cues and a high degree of detail. Also, transients are sharp and quick without fatigue, bass is articulate and powerful. Quite good amps IMO.

Reactions: sbnx and heihei

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Have you considered the Watt or the Humboldt?
How close ist the Watt to the Humboldt sonically?
And how close is the Humboldt to the Heisenberg/Stern combo?

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I have not heard the Watt or Humboldt. There are some very good reviews of them . I suggested them as a way to get great performance for less budget. I would call Bill Parish (in the US) for some comparision as he is familiar with the whole AudioNet line.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I have not heard the Watt or Humboldt. There are some very good reviews of them . I suggested them as a way to get great performance for less budget. I would call Bill Parish (in the US) for some comparision as he is familiar with the whole AudioNet line.
I have no immanent interest and I'm in Europe but thanks anyways :cool:
Just curiosity

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I recently bought the Max amps and am using a Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp with what I believe yields very good results. The Max amps are dynamic, spacious yet provide pinpoint spacial cues and a high degree of detail. Also, transients are sharp and quick without fatigue, bass is articulate and powerful. Quite good amps IMO.
Congratulations on your purchase of Max amps. Todd(sbnx) and I are very familiar with the amazing sound these amps( I have two pair) have on the Vivid speakers. I definitely feel the Pre G2 preamp is the perfect match for these amps and I have one you can check out if you are interested.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Congratulations on your purchase of Max amps. Todd(sbnx) and I are very familiar with the amazing sound these amps( I have two pair) have on the Vivid speakers. I definitely feel the Pre G2 preamp is the perfect match for these amps and I have one you can check out if you are interested.
Thanks Scott, I may take you up on that sometime in the future as funds become available.

Reactions: Scott W

Jedclampet

Jan 18, 2014
How close ist the Watt to the Humboldt sonically?
And how close is the Humboldt to the Heisenberg/Stern combo?
I bought a Watt from Bill to run my YG Carmel 2's coming from a Pass Labs INT 30 and have no regrets. I now wish to step up to the MAX/G2.

Reactions: christoph and sbo6

Jedclampet

Jan 18, 2014
I've since moved up to the Humboldt from the Watt, imo a very large step up no joke. Thnx Bill Parrish

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing