Any one using Acoustic Revive devices or Acoustic System Resonators?

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
I have used both RGC-24 and RR-888 and I have removed them from my system.
Hello Amir! I wanted to try the RGC-24 with my TAD system too. Why did you removed it? Which grounding solution do you have now if any?
Thanks!

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Hello Amir! I wanted to try the RGC-24 with my TAD system too. Why did you removed it? Which grounding solution do you have now if any?
Thanks!
I do not recommend any grounding solution, CAD GC3 was awful , Acoustic Revive was awful, I did not pay more for other ground boxes and I know expert audiophiles does not use ground boxes.
I think a good dedicated ground in your home is ok if your system needs earth wire.
David @ddk can help you. he is not active here but you can call him , he is in Utah.

my TAD does not need earth wire and I do not connect wall earth wire to back of my TAD C600. floated ground in TAD system improves dynamics and I love it.

the most important factor for my TAD reference system is AC power quality.
when AC quality is good the sound is perfect but when the AC quality is not good the sound is not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stef

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Romy the Cat
David
Roy Gregory

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
Romy the Cat
David
Roy Gregory

Listed in the "Cables and Power" section of ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT at the bottom of the review - and I quote -

"Also in use are CAD Ground Control and Nordost Qkore grounding systems."

Amir, I wonder if you would share with us what Mr. Gregory told you this month about no longer using the grounding systems he listed in his March 30 review?

Reactions: bonzo75

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Ok, You can remove Roy Gregory from that list but I doubt Roy Gregory likes both CAD Ground Control and Nordost Qkore.
I had both GC3 ground and Nordost Qkore , those are useless.

You know Roy Gregory is an industry Reviewer and he is promoting Nordost and CH Precision and ...

I have read Roy Gregory article about AC power of his rooms and find no thing about CAD GC ground.

I think Roy listed Nordost and CAD just for advertising those equipments.

So if you want continue off-topic then you can remove Roy Gregory from that list, I have no problem

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I am interested in making my walls disappear in my reference system so it's more like being in the actual venue.

The Acoustic Revive devices seem interesting:

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/roomtuning/

RR-888 low-frequency pulse generator

QR-8 resonator

RCG-24 Ground Conditioner

The Acoustic System resonators are also interesting, although expensive. These seem to work at audio frequencies.

acoustic-system-international@wanadoo.fr

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticsystem/resonators.html

Any experience with any of these?

Thanks
The Acoustic Revive devices you mentioned may improve the sound but will not "make the walls disappear". The Acoustic System Resonators properly deployed can make the walls disappear like nothing else I've encountered. "Properly deployed" is key. In my experience it takes extensive experimentation with placement to achieve what you are seeking, and small differences in placement can make a big difference in the outcome. If Frank Tchang or one of his disciples is placing them for you good results can come quickly. On your own it may take many hours of tweaking.

FYI: http://www.audiodrom.net/en/special-edition-reviews/158-asi-resonators-angel-bowls

FYI: http://www.audiodrom.net/en/special-edition-reviews/148-asi-sugar-cubes-devils-dice

Last edited:

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
The Acoustic Revive devices you mentioned may improve the sound but will not "make the walls disappear". The Acoustic System Resonators properly deployed can make the walls disappear like nothing else I've encountered. "Properly deployed" is key. In my experience it takes extensive experimentation with placement to achieve what you are seeking, and small differences in placement can make a big difference in the outcome. If Frank Tchang or one of his disciples is placing them for you good results can come quickly. On your own it may take many hours of tweaking.

FYI: http://www.audiodrom.net/en/special-edition-reviews/158-asi-resonators-angel-bowls
I can’t agree more. I have these for years now. The experiment is boring in the beginning, but if you don’t give up you are paid in return and it worths the pain. The AS have the advantage of not being exclusive and you can couple them with over ambiance tweaks like Bybees or Stein Music.
Don’t forget the Sugar Cubes that are very (I mean very) efficient and very low price.
In the ten years I had the AS Resonnators and Sugar Cubes I tried twice to take them off. Keep without them for a few days and take them back. Always better with. As always : my room, my system and my ears.

I scarcely post about AS because generally, the discussions ends bad, and as don’t care people who never listened but absolutely try to convince me and the whole planet that they do nothing, so I prefer to stay mute.

Reactions: Cellcbern

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
before any judgment you need have properly setup high performance system specially in dynamics

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I can’t agree more. I have these for years now. The experiment is boring in the beginning, but if you don’t give up you are paid in return and it worths the pain. The AS have the advantage of not being exclusive and you can couple them with over ambiance tweaks like Bybees or Stein Music.
Don’t forget the Sugar Cubes that are very (I mean very) efficient and very low price.
In the ten years I had the AS Resonnators and Sugar Cubes I tried twice to take them off. Keep without them for a few days and take them back. Always better with. As always : my room, my system and my ears.

I scarcely post about AS because generally, the discussions ends bad, and as don’t care people who never listened but absolutely try to convince me and the whole planet that they do nothing, so I prefer to stay mute.
Such discussions end badly because there are so many people who haven't learned to listen, don't trust their ears, and can't get their heads around solutions for which there are no measurements. The ASI Sugar cubes are, based on my experience, the world's best value in acoustical treatments. They are powerful, versatile, and inexpensive, easily matching or exceeding the performance of many panels. I have found them to be very effective on the ceiling and a must in ceiling room corners.

FYI: https://positive-feedback.com/Issue54/asi.htm

Attachments

• ceiling (2).jpg
    ceiling (2).jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 19
  • corner cube 2.jpg
    corner cube 2.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I do not recommend any grounding solution, CAD GC3 was awful , Acoustic Revive was awful, I did not pay more for other ground boxes and I know expert audiophiles does not use ground boxes.
I think a good dedicated ground in your home is ok if your system needs earth wire.
David @ddk can help you. he is not active here but you can call him , he is in Utah.

my TAD does not need earth wire and I do not connect wall earth wire to back of my TAD C600. floated ground in TAD system improves dynamics and I love it.

the most important factor for my TAD reference system is AC power quality.
when AC quality is good the sound is perfect but when the AC quality is not good the sound is not good.
Putting aside that this discussion has nothing to do with the post that started this thread, the fact that you are talking about "earth wire" and "floated ground" in the same couple of sentences with "grounding" boxes suggests that you do not understand what so-called "grounding" boxes do. "Grounding" boxes have nothing to do with earthing/safety ground. They are sinks for (i.e., they absorb and dissipate) EMI/RFI riding on a component's ground. Contrary to your assertion that they are "worthless", every "grounding" box I've listened to from each different manufacturer and at multiple price points has reduced noise thereby revealing more of the music. Here for example is a description of what Tripoint's (arguably the world's most highly regarded) grounding boxes do from the website:

Welcome to Tripoint Audio

"Come experience the holographic transportation of the real musical event with our proprietary passive filtration components that eliminate EMI/RFI from the signal and impulse signal flow....".

FYI: https://tripointaudio.us/

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I am electronics engineer and no need to describe me about emi/rfi .

I know what ground box do and those are useless.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I am electronics engineer and no need to describe me about emi/rfi .

I know what ground box do and those are useless.
Being an electrical engineer does not make you an expert when it comes to audio. And presumably an electrical engineer who is also an audiophile would know that accessories and tweaks are system dependent and therefore would not make a blanket statement about things being "useless". Lots of WBF posters have had positive experiences with grounding boxes and (unlike your posts) find them useful. For example:

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Why some audiophiles have positive experiences with Ground Control and AC filters ?

because their system is not enough transparent .

what transparent means?

"transparent" is not just about getting good details and resolution, "Transparent" has 3 dimension:
- image/presence
- harmonics
- dynamics

I agree some Ground devices improve the sound in some area like bass and lowering noise but It degrades micro dynamics .

most modern systems (high feedback - complex - Dead speakers) are not transparent enough in micro dynamics.
When your system is not transparent then you can not hear what ground control do with your sound.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Why some audiophiles have positive experiences with Ground Control and AC filters ?

because their system is not enough transparent .

what transparent means?

"transparent" is not just about getting good details and resolution, "Transparent" has 3 dimension:
- image/presence
- harmonics
- dynamics

I agree some Ground devices improve the sound in some area like bass and lowering noise but It degrades micro dynamics .

most modern systems (high feedback - complex - Dead speakers) are not transparent enough in micro dynamics.
When your system is not transparent then you can not hear what ground control do with your sound.
Nonsense.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Such discussions end badly because there are so many people who haven't learned to listen, don't trust their ears, and can't get their heads around solutions for which there are no measurements. The ASI Sugar cubes are, based on my experience, the world's best value in acoustical treatments. They are powerful, versatile, and inexpensive, easily matching or exceeding the performance of many panels. I have found them to be very effective on the ceiling and a must in ceiling room corners.

The other thing about the ASI resonators and/or Sugar Cubes is that they are small and relatively unobtrusive - unlike panels. For those who trust their ears, and are willing to put in the time and effort to experiment, they can be the answer for listening rooms that are shared living spaces where the decor will not allow for panels and traps. The example in the photos below from Audio Exotics is of a famous system that was tuned by Franck Tchang and the top technical people from Zanden and Cessaro personally:

Attachments

• ceiling sugar cubes.jpg
    ceiling sugar cubes.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • 1865_photo.jpg
    1865_photo.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC

FYI - ASI Sugar Cubes being deployed on the ceiling at the Hiendy.com audiophile club/site in Hong Kong.

Attachments

• 231816sm0a1wzxxw4ams1a.jpg
    231816sm0a1wzxxw4ams1a.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 231819r5zdxi6ozvyg582j.jpg
    231819r5zdxi6ozvyg582j.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 13

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Being an electrical engineer does not make you an expert when it comes to audio. And presumably an electrical engineer who is also an audiophile would know that accessories and tweaks are system dependent and therefore would not make a blanket statement about things being "useless". Lots of WBF posters have had positive experiences with grounding boxes and (unlike your posts) find them useful. For example:

I have had a very positive experience 2 weeks ago in HK at "Audio Exotics" Sheung Wan showroom. Chris Leung was showing to me how analogue is the brand new APL DAC which during the listening session was paired with a DartZeel combo. Intrigued and curious about a "black box" standing on the floor I asked Chris the use of this gear. Chris introduced to me Tripoint Audio in the best way ever: he just told me "There would be no Audio Exotics today without Tripoint" and removed the Tripoint Troy NG during our listening session. Suddenly the music stage collapsed, the image was less dense (live) and less quiet at the same time with an obvious loss of micro details. It was really an eye-opening experience for me. I'm not saying that without the Tripoint the music was bad but with it inside it was a better listening experience for sure.

Attachments

• Exotic Audio.JPG
    Exotic Audio.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Troy NG.jpeg
    Troy NG.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 24

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
without Tripoint" and removed the Tripoint Troy NG during our listening session. Suddenly the music stage collapsed, the image was less dense (live) and less quiet at the same time with an obvious loss of micro details. It was really an eye-opening experience for me. I'm not saying that without the Tripoint the music was bad but with it inside it was a better listening experience for sure.
This mirrors my experience with effective grounding equipment, even some of the stuff whose theories can sound like so much Woo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing