Any Suggestions for a support group or detox....

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
.... for this website? I'm reading so much good information and finding so much good stuff to seek out and buy, expensive upgrades and vintage bargains alike, and I think it's driving me mad!

In the last couple weeks I have bought a Bokrand arm, a Micro-Acoustics cartridge, an Ortofon SL15 and an Ortofon SUT with Jorgen Schou transformers. And this is all while my Garrard 401 is being rebuilt. I can't stop!!! Help!!! :)

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
The good news is all that stuff was still way cheaper than a pair of fancy cables ;)

How are you getting along with your Diatone's?

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
What is the true metric of an 'audio problem'? Not listening to music just surfing forums :)

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Well, no. I listen to music while I surf forums.... and find things that people agree are great and then surf around looking for those items. All with some sporting event playing on mute. It's a lot. At least the music is the background to my disease. It could be worse. I'm still (mostly) honest about what things cost when my wife asks :)

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
The good news is all that stuff was still way cheaper than a pair of fancy cables ;)

How are you getting along with your Diatone's?

So great. We are best friends! I don't even mind rolling them in for listening (our place is a small loft).

I listen to a bunch of different types of music and everything sounds good on them. It's pretty amazing when I think of all the compromises I endured with the Harbeth 30.1s. I've been in this hobby for 40 years and never before them realized what it was that I needed. I think I like them better than my old Quad ESL57s and I never thought I'd say that about any speaker. Even with the silly little Well Tempered turntable I'm using right now, they just capture the performance of the music like nothing else I've heard... and that means I'm not constantly evaluating them because they are so true to the source!

Reactions: Solypsa

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing