Anyone got goose bumps happen in listening good sound ?

Re. Goosebumps: I have had it happen many times over the years, but it rarely "repeats" once I have experienced it the first (or maybe second) time unless it has been long enough that I've forgotten. I think part of the reaction is surprise at the music, the actual content, not just how well a system recreates (reproduces, whatever) it. The surprise factor diminishes quickly...

Yep, many recordings have had that effect....repeatability is still very,very good, especially when I re-spin for friends/colleagues.

Jill Scott gave me chills. Never had goose bumps.

Being that the electronics are fairly new,that is a great sign. I think it is not uncommon for the electronics to improve up to 500 hours or more. You have much to look foward to.

Hi Roger
I know my mods have not completely break in yet but I don't think they will takes 500 hours to go, because different component has different period time in break in or depend in circuit , for example tube in class A will be the shortest break in period because they has DC current all the time, and same reason for transformer in SE too , cap and cable will need long period because they only have AC audio signal to break in, still stronger signal will go fast like speaker cable will shorter than inter connect, tonearm cable is the slowest by weak signal, cap can be a little faster if there are high voltage in between cap's two ends if not like the in put cap will take longer, anyway watching the change also one of the fun in this hobby
tony ma

Hi Roger
I know my mods have not completely break in yet but I don't think they will takes 500 hours to go, because different component has different period time in break in or depend in circuit , for example tube in class A will be the shortest break in period because they has DC current all the time, and same reason for transformer in SE too , cap and cable will need long period because they only have AC audio signal to break in, still stronger signal will go fast like speaker cable will shorter than inter connect, tonearm cable is the slowest by weak signal, cap can be a little faster if there are high voltage in between cap's two ends if not like the in put cap will take longer, anyway watching the change also one of the fun in this hobby
tony ma

Hi Tony,

In my experience the transformer is 200+ hours and depending on the type of capacitors,between 200 and 500 hours. My 350 Ampex with Mundorf silver oil and Ampohm took 500+ hours to really smooth out and open up completely. These boutique caps can take a considerable time for the gain and noise floor to stabilize. I am using teflon caps and they too take a long time.

p.s. IIRC you had some big caps in size used,I think the size alone will extend the break in time.

How's the bass? Should be fantastic.

Hi Tony,

In my experience the transformer is 200+ hours and depending on the type of capacitors,between 200 and 500 hours. My 350 Ampex with Mundorf silver oil and Ampohm took 500+ hours to really smooth out and open up completely. These boutique caps can take a considerable time for the gain and noise floor to stabilize. I am using teflon caps and they too take a long time.

p.s. IIRC you had some big caps in size used,I think the size alone will extend the break in time.

How's the bass? Should be fantastic.

Hi Roger
You are right those big cap Solen will take quite long to break in but the mods had changed so many parts then the change of show up will cover the non break in cap, I do believe it will getting better and better by the time being, most our recording is cello music and we did one with double bass too, the low end with very solid feeling, my legs feel shake by the sound wave when it go deep low, our web site will be ready very soon you can visit and order some our master dub copy to check the quality of tube and silver transformer's recording
tony ma

Hi Roger
You are right those big cap Solen will take quite long to break in but the mods had changed so many parts then the change of show up will cover the non break in cap, I do believe it will getting better and better by the time being, most our recording is cello music and we did one with double bass too, the low end with very solid feeling, my legs feel shake by the sound wave when it go deep low, our web site will be ready very soon you can visit and order some our master dub copy to check the quality of tube and silver transformer's recording
tony ma

Hi Tony,

When we totally gutted and rebuilt my Dahlquist DQ-10 speakers we put in some big Solen caps in the crossover. As I recall, it took a fair amount of time for the speakers to sound as good as they later did. I am sure that these large caps added to the time.

Rich

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing