Are there more differences than similarities between CH Precision and other top Swiss brands?

boweiww

Mar 4, 2021
I still have my 520. With a limited budget, I got an opportunity to move to a 525 for a reasonable price. Point is, there is little to no info or reviews to verify if this really is a good idea, except that people are debating if this is a class-D preamp because of it switched power supply. Cyril says not; it is a class-A so I believe him

The 520 however is still in the TAS '21 buyers guide reviewed back in 2013 by JV. And I do love it as I said earlier. Any views?
Hello RdW,

I have never tried soulution 520 but got my 525 back recently(ordered ch L10 but have to wait). I am using 711 as power amplifier so there shouldn't be any matching problem. My opinion is still the same as my previous post. 525 is a pretty good preamp, but ch l1 has better texture and reality of music. My description may not be very precise, because I actually used ch l1+x1 on my system.

Maybe you can try a demo L1 on your system? That should help a lot.

Reactions: MadFloyd

RdW

Apr 8, 2018
Netherlands
Hello RdW,

I have never tried soulution 520 but got my 525 back recently(ordered ch L10 but have to wait). I am using 711 as power amplifier so there shouldn't be any matching problem. My opinion is still the same as my previous post. 525 is a pretty good preamp, but ch l1 has better texture and reality of music. My description may not be very precise, because I actually used ch l1+x1 on my system.

Maybe you can try a demo L1 on your system? That should help a lot.
Hi boweiww,

I had the pleasure to listen to a L10 / M10 combination. This was an extraordinary experience. This combination is out of reach for me but that is how it is in our hobby. Still to get closer to those experiences is a sort of inevitable ;)

I am sure you are going to enjoy the L10!

I will audition the L1 but this opportunity to buy a 525 for a good price is still appealing to me. Will try to have them both auditioned before I decide.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Very late to the thread but FWIW - I've heard CH Precision and Nagra reference amps and they are quite different IME.

The Nagra mono towers and matching pre and phono stage key attributes are - crystal clear, dead quiet and neutral sounding.

The CH Precision M10s with the matching pre and phono stage key attributes are - incredible bass control and detail, best leading edge transients ever experienced with cone speakers with a slightly warm sound.

Both systems had Rockport speakers. Both were excellent. My taste leans toward the low frequency adjustability, slight warmth and amazing transients from CH. YMMV.

Reactions: MadFloyd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing