Aries Cerat Ianus Essentia Owners thread

What an incredible system you have. I wish I could hear it. I have not heard the Odeon speakers. I also have the LDMS and Horizon which I love both. I will be trading my Horizon in for the Kassandra 2 reference.
What I find amazing about the Essentia, in addition to the great performance is how cool they run. I did leave my lids off so I could adjust the bias more easily. For the most part though, I have been set and forget. I might play with it more when I set up my Ageto's.

Congrats...that is so cool.
Thank you very much. Originally I was a little worried about the combination with the Impera, but it shows they are a perfect match! Compared with the Conceros 65 sound has improved incredibly in transparency, authority and 3D imaging. Congratulations to Stavros on another outstanding product.

Last edited:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 48
Will , If you could stretch to it I would recommend considering the Kassandra II Signature.
If the shoe would fit I would probably upgrade to Ithaka. The problem is I absolutely have no room on my racking system. Therefore, I need a one DAC solution. That is why I am going to the Kassnadra 2 Reference.

Reactions: iaxel and morricab
If the shoe would fit I would probably upgrade to Ithaka. The problem is I absolutely have no room on my racking system. Therefore, I need a one DAC solution. That is why I am going to the Kassnadra 2 Reference.
Roger that Will , continuing to build an AC system with an Ithaka front end to compliment your Ianus line amplification would make perfect sense .. however the AC DNA still works exceptionally well between the two lines.

Reactions: morricab
have you got it yet?

Reactions: Zappadaddy
Time is running, we are not Higlanders :)

Reactions: byrdparis
I will be waiting 3 month to get Clarisys Minuet, uff....and then Helene and Incito S

• Haha
Reactions: Zappadaddy

Attachments

• 20231219_114344.jpg
    20231219_114344.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 42
  • Love
Reactions: Golum
I am so excited, we ordered Helene & Incito S. Now I am thinking to get Essentia monoblocks in the future, could you guys/owners describe the sound (comparasion with other amps like Dartzeel, KR audio, Wavac, VAC etc) of Essentia?

Reactions: fizzletop and Stef
I am so excited, we ordered Helene & Incito S. Now I am thinking to get Essentia monoblocks in the future, could you guys/owners describe the sound (comparasion with other amps like Dartzeel, KR audio, Wavac, VAC etc) of Essentia?
Having experienced life with the QuintEssence Amplifiers, and having been the owner of potentially nearly every variety of amplifiers, including Solid State Class A, Class B, Class D, as well as Push Pull Tubes, SET, and lastly my OTL Amplifiers (of which I've explored various models), I can say that my understanding and appreciation of these devices have greatly expanded.

Undoubtedly, these have been the finest amplifiers I've ever owned. Interestingly, it's the only amplifier whose sound I can't categorize as either Solid State or Tube Amplifier - it possesses an uncanny blend of both, yet doesn't distinctly sound like either. Harmonically its spot on, it's robust yet nimble, dynamic with finesse and control.

I haven't yet tested the amplifier with heavy-load speakers that dip into the 2-ohm ranges, but so far, it has performed with various speakers (all reasonably easy to drive).

In my opinion, if you're seeking a musically rich and emotionally magical experience devoid of any typical amplifier shortcomings, these represent the zenith of amplifier design.

Being a Class A amplifier with 60 watts at 8 ohms or 100 watts at 4 ohms, it's compatible with most speakers.
My experimentation revealed that it controlled four 12-inch bass drivers more effectively than the Class D Hypex Amplifiers.

It appears to exhibit the same level of transparency as my OTL Amplifiers, but with an added touch of finesse and a richer resonance in the midrange. Moreover, it exerts greater authority and control over the lower frequencies. I've observed that it doesn't compromise on transparency, yet it manages to blend the entire musical picture into a cohesive whole. The details are clearly presented, but they're never forced upon you

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing