Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Getting away from Roon is one of the advantages of moving to Aurender. I would not use Roon unless you have an SGM Extreme or Wadax combo:)

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I do not know you , based on your posts you look as a decent man and a valuable member of our community.

Do you really think that in the situation when Russsian troops kill innocent people with Russian weapon in Ukraine talking about expensive audio gear in Moscow is appropriate ?

To the administration of the forum - my post does not concern politics . It concerns values of our forum - freedom and international mutual respect.

I am sorry , but there are more important things than audio. We cannot pretend that everything is ok.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
The Aurender N20 was announced in the US Sept 2020. It is a fairly new current generation product.
Yep, I’m getting my models confused - sorry. It was the W20 that I had.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Sorry don't agree with this statement. There are way too many top notch servers/streamers on the market utilizing Roon.
Sorry, I am not allowed to post on this forum anymore.

_Alchemist_

May 19, 2020
I do not know you , based on your posts you look as a decent man and a valuable member of our community.

Do you really think that in the situation when Russsian troops kill innocent people with Russian weapon in Ukraine talking about expensive audio gear in Moscow is appropriate ?

To the administration of the forum - my post does not concern politics . It concerns values of our forum - freedom and international mutual respect.

I am sorry , but there are more important things than audio. We cannot pretend that everything is ok.
Your post does concern politics and I find it very inappropriate to frontally attack someone based on his ethnicity alone.
Mutual respect that you mention is also about not discriminating people on their origin.
Values of the forum also include intelligence.
Intelligence to know better than ordinary Russian people have nothing to do with what's going on.
Intelligence to realize you don't know anything about this person. Maybe he actually is Ukrainian or has family and friends in Ukraine, maybe his business is suffering from sanctions. Or maybe he lost someone on the russian military side. What do you know?

If you just realise today that the world is not ok, you've been missing out...

Reactions: abeidrov

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Your post does concern politics and I find it very inappropriate to frontally attack someone based on his ethnicity alone.
Mutual respect that you mention is also about not discriminating people on their origin.
Values of the forum also include intelligence.
Intelligence to know better than ordinary Russian people have nothing to do with what's going on.
Intelligence to realize you don't know anything about this person. Maybe he actually is Ukrainian or has family and friends in Ukraine, maybe his business is suffering from sanctions. Or maybe he lost someone on the russian military side. What do you know?

If you just realise today that the world is not ok, you've been missing out...
Abeidrov is free to answer himself and share his thoughts about the Russian invasion. And why he prefers to talk about expensive audio gear instaed of react to the military agression of his country.

However, I did not attack him personally - pls see my first sentence .

"I do not know you , based on your posts you look as a decent man and a valuable member of our community."

The problem with the war in Ukraine is that Russian propaganda system does not give Russian people access to the information .
I know how it works because I grew up and lived 30 years ( in 89 I was 30 years old ) under communist regime in Poland . In 1988 I studied 5 month at MGU in Moscow, I speak fluently Russian and know more or less Russian mentality.

It is very important that Russian people can express their own opinion about ongoing war and about freedom and mutual respect in a free way, not controlled by their police state.

If we pretend that the war in Ukraine is only the matter of politics the next target of Russian imperialism will be Poland and Baltic post soviet countries. And then Finland and even Sweden are not safe.

The neutrality and apeasment are good as far as eveybody respects life and freedom as the main values. The proofs in our XX century history are more than evident.

Even neutral until now Switzerland changes the position , they have understood that it is the only way we can say "No" to war .

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and good morning to you gentlemen. While the posts may borderline what some may or may not consider politics, the posts will remain.

However and with that said, please allow me to remind you that part of the Terms of Service of the forum includes focusing on the topic being discussed, rather than the person. Additionally, we do like to keep things on topic and while current events cannot be ignored? People who chime in to read about the Aurender N30 will have to sift through a plethora of off topic posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Please refrain from further commentary that strays away from the topic of the post. Your cooperation is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Tom

Bliss Hifi

Nov 14, 2018
Minnetonka, MN
blisshifi.com
For those of you who have the N30SA and a very good DAC, what kind of cable do you find works best for you? We currently use an AES from the N30SA to leverage its clock, but we just upgraded our DAC to a T+A SDV 3100 HV, so we are curious whether USB might be better as it would utilize the internal clock of the T+A. We'd like to experiment with a few different brands's cables but don't want to make the investment unless it would be worth it.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We use a Shunyata Omega USB to connect to our N30SA. We really enjoy it.

Omega USB

Reactions: ACHiPo

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
For those of you who have the N30SA and a very good DAC, what kind of cable do you find works best for you? We currently use an AES from the N30SA to leverage its clock, but we just upgraded our DAC to a T+A SDV 3100 HV, so we are curious whether USB might be better as it would utilize the internal clock of the T+A. We'd like to experiment with a few different brands's cables but don't want to make the investment unless it would be worth it.
I'm using an Ediscreation USB Cable between my N30SA and Lampizator Golden Gate II.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I can't help on cables but I will say the T+A SDV3100HV is one killer unit. I had one for a demo when I was looking at the MP3100HV. It was more than I was looking to pay at the time.

Ok back on topic...

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
"How big" the difference is I think has to be a personal evaluation. For me it was more than I expected. I have an N20 that was fed into a Bricasti M1 DAC and I was really quite pleased with it. But then I wanted to get a Lampizator and got a GG2. That's when the doors really started to open up for me. During this same time period we bought a house in Brazil where my wife is from. I decided I wanted to upgrade the system there by taking the Bricasti and get another N20. My dealer talked me into the N30SA for the main system in Texas saying I would really be surprised. It's a decision I'm very happy with. I was never trying to get digital to better or even equal my analog in terms of enjoyment. I was just trying to close the gap a little. The N30SA and GG2 have done that far more than I expected they would. Considering that you already have the GG2 I would highly recommend you to audition the N30SA if at all possible. If not possible, buy it anyway! :cool:
Hi timztunz
I am in Brazil too. Which part of the country do you stay in your brazilian house?
I am in Fortaleza, northeast of Brazil.
If you come on this side of the country I would be glad to have you here to listen to some music.
João Vieira

Reactions: ctydwn

Bliss Hifi

Nov 14, 2018
Minnetonka, MN
blisshifi.com
I can't help on cables but I will say the T+A SDV3100HV is one killer unit. I had one for a demo when I was looking at the MP3100HV. It was more than I was looking to pay at the time.

Ok back on topic...
I’m curious, were you able to demo both the SDV-3100 HV and the MP-3100 HV at the same time time? If so, how noticeable was the difference?

We just spent five hours this past weekend comparing the SDV-3100 HV to the Mola Mola Makua preamp with Tambaqui DAC built in. It was a really fun showdown but the T+A was undoubtedly on another level.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I’m curious, were you able to demo both the SDV-3100 HV and the MP-3100 HV at the same time time? If so, how noticeable was the difference?

We just spent five hours this past weekend comparing the SDV-3100 HV to the Mola Mola Makua preamp with Tambaqui DAC built in. It was a really fun showdown but the T+A was undoubtedly on another level.
No I was not able to compare them. I was looking to purchase the MP but there wasn't one available for me to demo. My dealer arranged for me to listen to the SDV, which was outstanding, but it was more than I wanted to spend at that time. If the MP was close to the SDV I would have bought it, but I wasn't able to find out.

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
From AXPONA 2022, the world-debut of Aurender’s MC20

Attachments

• 0FED3EB4-0BF7-44B8-BC59-A2534EFA35E2.jpeg
    0FED3EB4-0BF7-44B8-BC59-A2534EFA35E2.jpeg
    959.5 KB · Views: 45
  • EF563ED0-5112-4232-8CDC-9B72C67CB320.jpeg
    EF563ED0-5112-4232-8CDC-9B72C67CB320.jpeg
    895.7 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: ctydwn

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing